Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in init method Component : com.sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher

Former Member
0 Kudos

EP NW2007 SP14

Unix/Solaris Oracle 110G 10.2.0.2.0

Suddenly our portal stopped working properly.

When we browse to http://server.domain.com:<port>/irj we get Portal Runtime Error.

Looking at the default.trc file it shows :

EXCEPTION]

#1#com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentException: Error in init method Component : com.sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher.default Followed by [EXCEPTION] #1#com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.SAPJ2EELibraryNotFoundException: Could not find Library SAPJ2EE::library:com.sap.portal.jdbcdrivers

I checked the JDBC service in the visual admin tool and compared against another working portal. Everything looks identical. I also checked the Connector Container service -> Connectors -> connector 1.0 -> sap.com/com.sap.ip.bi.sdk.dac.connector.jdbc -> SDK_JDBC against another working portal with same release. Under Deploy -> container servlet_jsp everything is check marked in blue.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up reinstalling the portal.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

as per "Could not find Library" i'll check the enviromental variables to confirm that the libpath is pointing to the right location.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing errors in the

default trace file that state :

Operation startApp over application sap.com/sap.comtckmccoll.room.wsdepl finished with errors on server 23365650.

For more detailed information see traces of Deploy Service.

Error occurred while initially starting application sap.com/sap.comtckmccoll.room.wsdepl:Application

sap.com/sap.comtckmccoll.room.wsdepl cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource

com.sap.km.application with type application, which is not active on the server

When I look at the visual admin ->deploy service -> Application sap.com/sap.comtckmccoll.room.wsdelp

l it has a blue circle with a line through it.

So where can I find the log for the deploy service and how can I redeploy it in SDM?

Could this be the problem?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I am sure that this error that you are observing is a side-effect of the issue and not really what is causing the problem. I have to agree that the library issue should be first to check. Overall a lot of issues will be comming up under these conditions - it is going back through the logs and dumps to identify what is at the start of the issue causing the problems.

Overall - not much information to go on - is the Portal running? What about the server0 file? Any other relevent startup logs?

Additionally - I have not seen a portal that stopped running for no reason (except for memory consumption issues) - are you sure that you have not had any changes? What is the use of the Portal?

Edited by: David Milliken on Apr 1, 2008 10:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David, The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly. The only change or what I was working on was the installation of UD Connect for Sybase. After the install of the .jar for Sybase, and configuration, the TestJDBCPage.jsp for SDK_JDBC wasn't working. The portal continued to run just fine. The next day or two I observed the error when trying to get to the login page of the portal. I removed the Sybase jar/configuration yet the problem persists. The purpose of the portal is for BI 7.0 integration. Server0 is up and running just fine. I can get to the index.html pages, NWA, UME pages ..etc. I had opened a ticket to SAP and they recommended redeploying a .SCA file. I am going to try that now, just not sure which .SCA file to undeploy/redeploy. There is plenty of free memory on the server.

-- Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I was advised to redeploy KMC-BC which I did, still no luck