cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro - Modification and Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Web Dynpro for ABAP - Modification and Enhancement!

Hi,

I’m new to WDA.

I need to include new fields in WD application in e-recruitment (Internal and External Candidate profile).

HRRCF_C_CANDPROFILE_UI is main component and has two applications for Internal and External candidate respectively. It has Road Map Pattern steps and each step calling components like HRRCF_C_PERSONL_DATA_UI and HRRCF_C_WORK_EXP_UI.

I need to include new fields in each component and display into the screen with edit, insert and display functionality, additionally these should displayed in Date Over view part from Smartform/Adobe form.

Can I achieve above all by Enhancement or modification from standard is must. I would like to keep my all development only in Enhancement hook. Is this possible?

I appreciate if you would guide me to Design and Develop to achieve my requirement.

...Naddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naddy,

Check the standard tables that are being used in the application for display/change/create of data. If these tables have a "Customer Include", your first step should be to define the Customer Include Structure and define your new custom components in it (the ones that you need to show on the statndard view.)

Step 2: Create and enhancement of the standard component in which the view is present. In this enhancement, update the context so that the new fields that are present in the standard table (due to Customer Include) become available in the Context.

Step 3: Create enhancement of the view on which the field has to be included. Firstlyupdate context of view from context of controller. Now ur fields will be available in context of view. Also create context attributes that will control visibility, read-only etc of UI elements. Now enhance the layout of the view, create your custom fields and bind value/visibilty/read-only etc to the respective context attributes that you have created.

Also write a post exit method for domodify and check the mode of the standard application (create/change/display). Accordingly set values of the read-only, visibility etc.

Regards,

Reema.

Answers (0)