cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB/JDBC/Cyrrilic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello People,

long time - no read. I hope you're all well and doing fine.

Currently i'm breaking my mind about a problem i'm not able to solve (shame on me).

We try to save (and off course read) cyrillic from our Database (7.5.00.34, _UNICODE=YES) via JDBC.

A simple

insert into kyrill (uni) values ('Купон действует на одну покупку')

ends up to be displayed as the usual

????? ????????? ?? ???? ???????

KYRILL is defined as

CREATE TABLE "SCHEMA1"."KYRILL"
(
	"ASCII"  Varchar (255) ASCII,
	"UNI"  Varchar (255) UNICODE,
	"BYT"  Varchar (255) BYTE
)

The same problems occurs when i desperately tried with SQLStudio.

Has anyone any clue about any way to solve it?

Thanks a lot and best wishes,

Flo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advices,

the problem was solved via a new jdbc-Version.

SQLStudio mislead me.

0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

if your JDBC driver is as old as your database then you need to set the connect property 'unicode=yes'.

[http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/46/7bc37ae97150d1e10000000a155369/content.htm|http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/46/7bc37ae97150d1e10000000a155369/content.htm]

For newer JDBC driver (version >= 7.6.0 Build 016-000-004-757 ) this option is no longer needed. You can determine the version of your driver by running the following command: java -jar <path to the driver>/sapdbc.jar -V.

If this not solve your problem we need to find out if the wrong conversion occurs on input or on output. For this a jdbc trace would be helpful. You can enable them via the connect URL by setting 'tracefile=filename'.

regards,

Marco

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

this is just a question of client-data-representation.

The data is stored and retrieved correctly, but the result view of SQL Studio does not display it correclty.

I tried it out with the DB Studio - there the result view displayed the data correctly.

In your application you will surely get the very same data back from the MAXDB as you stored in there before.

KR Lars

BTW: SQL STUDIO is not a JDBC tool. DB Studio is - so it might be a good idea for you to switch to DB Studio anyhow.