cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for empty fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all!

This is my first thread and I don't know if it is the right category- if not, please move the thread

Ok- my problem:

I created a Quick View (Join) which searchs for users with spezial e-email- adresses. This works fine, because in the selection screen I can select wildcards like partOfAdress.

Now also the users should be shown, which don't have an email- adress (field is empty). What I have to fill in the selection field of email- adress to get this results?

SAP R/3 Enterprise

thx

regards

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I think you have joined USR21 and ADR6. The problem is that the query will not display users which don't have e-mail address as such users.

But a workaround is simple.

Using the existing query find out all the users who have e-mail addresses. Give value as * or keep it blank in e-mail address input field while executing the query.

Also find the entire list of users in the system using RSUSR002.

Now do a MS excel comparision (VLOOKUP) to find the differences and that list will be the one you are looking forward to obtain.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for workaround. I think this is helpeful yet.

This means, that there is no possibility to find out the users without email- adress only with the Quick-View?

If anybody knows another possibility, please post.

And yes, I have joined USR21, ADR6 and USR02, USR06, ADRP because I need further information.

Regards

Markus

Edited by: Markus Kiedorf on Mar 31, 2008 8:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

No it is not possbile. The reason is simple. If you go to SE11-- ADR6 you will find that for the field SMTP_ADDR( Internet mail (SMTP) address) the checkbox Intitial has been checked. What this means that no entry with this field remaining blank can be created in the system i.e not-null is forced on this field.Since no entry would be created for blank e-mail address you won't get any data in the query.

So I guess this pretty much eliminates the possiblilty of an alternative solution.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanks for explanation- now I know where the problem is

Regards

Markus

Answers (0)