cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong status after UD is taken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we take usage decisions automatically with a custom-made program.

But the problem is, even after the UD is taken, the system status is still INSP RREC. How can we put the ilot on the right status?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Jessica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether this is happening only for one lot or several lots ?

Is it for lots of any specific material ?

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K.M. Arun,

This happens for each lot where we enter the usage decision via the program. It's not specific for any material.

Jessica

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jessica,

Was this working before? Anytime your using a custom program it's almost impossible for us to trouble shoot the problem via the forum. We have no idea how the program was written or what objects the program is touching.

I would suggest to try running the automatic UD program that SAP provides as a test and see if the lots are given the proper UD and correct status. If it does, its a problem with your program.

If your UD program has simply been designed to update a table directly with a UD code, the statuses will not update. Any custom program should utilize the standard UD transaction to perform the UD and let SAP's code do the work.

Is your question really about how to correct the ones now with errors? Or is it about resolving the cause of errors from the program?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I ran transactions QA10 (automatic UD) and QA16 (collective UD) and they work.

So the problem is within the program. Like you said, I think what it does is just update the UDcode in the table and yes, therefore the statuses are not updated.

I'll check with the programmer if he can utilize the standard transactions for the program.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Jessica

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to try and correct the statuses of the messed up lots, you might be able to by looking at the JEST table I believe. From memory I think this is the table. But with out looking I can remember how the indexing goes in the table. But I bet you can figure out when you look at it.

If you have problems, let me know and I'll try to look at it on Monday.

This is one of the reasons we try to never directly update the tables. You never really know what all the SAP code is updating or doing in the background.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Mar 29, 2008 3:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

we don't need to correct the messed up lots, this was only in testing anyway.

I'm not so sure if I can use QA10 or QA16 for the program because you can only take a UD with those transactions if all results are positive or if no results have been entered at all. It doesn't work when results are negative which could be the case here.

Is there any other way to enter a usage decision in a standard way so that the status is automatically correct?

Jessica

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you have the program simulate the standard QA11 UD transaction?

Or maybe QVM3?

Craig

Answers (0)