cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have scenario where a customer may have multiple representatives paying the bill using there personal credit card. do i need multiple payer with there card info in master data? or custom table? partner fns? acct groups? Any suggestions on how to approach? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to have multiple payer attached in this customer master. Ideally, you should select correct payer when entering the sales order itself. However, if you don't get that information at order entry time then you need to select correct payer when raising the invoicing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply.

What happens if the customer is using online web portal to order and pay using credit card, how does it interface with SAP? What kind of role do a functional guy provide working with the technical guy? Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to provide all the information about the customers -assigned partner functions. he will uplaod this data into his portal and then will have to cross check all the imp information is uploaded into portal.

Regards

SAI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai, Can you please elaborate a little bit? Like do u mean i have to provide field names required for part fns to be added in portal? Is it just the partner func, what abt the credit card related fields for payer?thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have mutliple payer added to a customer then system will give a pop-up to select the correct payer if a payer is not set as default.However, person entering sales order can choose correct payer.

The other option is to allow multiple payer or all payer from customer master to get selected in the sales order

Credit card data is linked to each payer. So need to have one payer record for each credit card data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally they will upload the information from KNA1- General data , KNB1-Company Code Data and KNVV - Sales area data. But make sure all imp fields are uploaded . For the Credit card information pls check the following table names and make sure the required info is uploaded into portal. Customer Table names -

KNA1 General Data in Customer Master

KNA1VV Customer Master View KNA1 KNVV

KNAS Customer master (VAT registration numbers

KNAT Customer Master Record (Tax Groupings)

KNB1 Customer Master (Company Code)

KNB4 Customer Payment History

KNB4_AEDAT BW FI: KNB4 Extraction using AEDAT

KNB5 Customer master (dunning data)

KNBK Customer Master (Bank Details)

KNBW Customer master record (withholding tax ty

KNC1 Customer master (transaction figures)

KNC1_AEDAT BW FI: KNC1 Extraction using AEDAT

KNC3 Customer master (special G/L transaction f

KNC3_AEDAT BW FI: KNC3 Extraction usign AEDAT

KNEA Assign Bank Details and Payment Methods to

KNEX Customer Master: Legal Control - Sanctione

KNKA Customer master credit management: Central

KNKA_AEDAT BW FI: KNKA Extraction using AEDAT

KNKK Customer master credit management: Control

KNKKF1 Credit Management: FI Status Data

KNKKF2 Credit Management: Open Items by Days in A

KNKKF2 Credit Management: Open Items by Days in

KNKK_AEDAT BW FI: KNKK Extraction usign AEDAT

KNKO Assignment of Cost Est. Number to Config.

KNMT Customer-Material Info Record Data Table

KNMTK Customer-Material Info Record Header Tabl

KNMT_REF Test - Search Help for KNMT

KNOB Assignment of Cost Est. Number to Config.

KNVA Customer Master Loading Points

KNVD Customer master record sales request form

KNVH Customer Hierarchies

KNVI Customer Master Tax Indicator

KNVK Customer Master Contact Partner

KNVL Customer Master Licenses

KNVP Customer Master Partner Functions

KNVS Customer Master Shipping Data

KNVT Customer Master Record Texts for Sales

KNVV Customer Master Sales Data

KNZA Permitted Alternative Payer

Rgds

SAI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks krithi,

Your solution works fine, but my scenario is i have multiple BP and PY, and ofcourse the BP who receives the invoice is also the PY. Right now I get a pop up which shows both multiple BP's and PY's, but I only want the one BP/PY combination to show up, maybe just the payer to show up and that payer is also the BP to whom invoice is sent. How can i set this in customer master or part func?? Thanks in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi uma,

makig a payment through credit cards is a different situtation as compared to regular payments with multiple payers. The complexity attached with the real time authorization is much higher and generally that kind of processing is not so much preferred. Its always better when you want carry out credit card payments have a defined master data, not with multiple payers. Just check if some one has really implemented that way, coz theoritically it sounds good.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sadhu Kishore, as a matter of fact we are using another master data in addition to customer master where we store additional info regarding customer and there business with us, so I was wondering to create a custom z table for credit cards or maybe add an additional field for payer credit card into to an existing z table used in this master data. The only problem deviating from SAP standard and not sure what will be the effects on other modules, especially FI becos credit card involves setting in Credit control area and payment guarantees (risk management)? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I maintain credit card no: in customer master? it gives card invalid msg though I did maintain a range in card category. what am i doing wrong? thanks.