cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure mapping execution speed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently i'm trying to measure performance differences between Interface Mappings which contain one single Message Mapping and Interface Mappings which contain 2 or 3 Message Mappings.

I already tried to do this with RWB and Performance-Monitoring. But Performance Monitoring shows the processing time through the whole XI, and not only Mapping execution time. So it is difficult to get a clean measuring there, without influences from queueing and so on.

Test Tab on Integration Builder has a too big step (one second). Mapping execution time is slower.

Do you have any ideas to measure this?

Or do you have experience with performance differences between those two kinds of Interface Mappings?

regards,

ms

P.S. i'm using XI 3.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Manuel:

For the two scenarios you want to compare performance, trigger them separately.

You take following steps to take measurement for those two scenarios:

Go to SXMB_MONI, find the message, go to pipeline step after your "Request Message Mapping"

e.g. you can select "Technical Routing" step, expand it, -> SOAP Header -> Performance Header:

You will see the start time stamp for each steps executed up to current step.

Locate your mapping programs, get the begin time stamp and end time stamp, then you will know the how long the mapping program take.

For the scenario that you have several mapping programs, make sure you get begin timestamp for the first mapping program and end timestamp for last mapping program, the difference is the time for you few mapping program take.

Hope this helps.

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on Mar 29, 2008 5:42 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I already tried to do this with RWB and Performance-Monitoring. But Performance Monitoring shows the processing time through the whole XI,

Yes,

Get into Individual Message Mapping go to Test tab and find it out the performance.

Is all the 3 message Mapping are Graphical one, if Java mapping you can test it in NWDS.

Regards

Sangeetha