cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed applications with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to see the limits of XI and i would like to know if XI can support this scenario :

XI receives a XML file from an application

- With one part of this file, XI calls one service like BAPI or RFC,

- With the other part, XI calls an other service.

If the second service fails, i want that the first service makes a rollback. Is it possible with XI ?

Thanks for your response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there really no way to have a kind of transactional process ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, once the message processed successfully via XI, then XI can't have the control to roll-back the processing based on second message processing.

Probably you could do one thing here. You could generate the Alert notifications that will let you know the failure on 2nd processing and accordingly you need to stop the further processing on receiver end of 1st Message that have already processed by XI.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thx for your replies.

About the last answer, i don't want to send the XML file one more time. I just want to rollback the first service if the first service suceeds and the second service fails.

For example the first service could be a creation of material in SAP and the second service a creation of material in an external system. If the creation of material in SAP fails, i don't want that the material exists in the external system. Have you ever had this kind of problem with XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless you have another RFC or BAPI can be called which complete do the reverse process for your first service, otherwise, I do not think there is way to roll back first successfully finished transaction.

Liang

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>For example the first service could be a creation of material in SAP

To my Knowledge it is not possible to Roll back the Sucessfull one.

By creating one more interface you can notify that the It is Wrong by so and so reason.

Regards

Sangeetha

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>With one part of this file, XI calls one service like BAPI or RFC, With the other part, XI calls an other >service. If the second service fails, i want that the first service makes a rollback. Is it possible with XI ?

We can Acheive it by WRAPER , Finding out whether the Respective Business Systems are Connected.

Is Common Sender ?

The Scenerio you mentioned can be acheived by NFS from where the receiver will pick the file from there and the file can be resent

Regards

Sangeetha

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message can be sent to separate receiver in parts. Technically this can be achieved using multimapping in XI.

As such when the RFC/Webservice is called, it must be returning some data. What do u actually want to perform when the 2nd receiver service is failing?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think patrick wants to do a rollback of the first process (succeded process)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sending the prats of XML message to either BAPI/ RFC or to other web service is possible.

But recall the 1st message if in case the 2nd message is failed ..is not possible.

Probably you could add some logic this way that if in case the 2nd message failed then you can riase the notification.

This can't be said as limitation of XI, but there should be some relation between the two receivers that to be dependent on each other.

Thanks

Swarup