cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send the same message to two receivers with some time difference..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to send the same message to Two receivers with the slight time difference.. becuase but not at the same time.. if the same time means.. just we can specify the two receivers in the one receiver determination..

but if i want to send the same message to Two reveivers with the time difference means..(after sending the message to first receiver.. after some time gap.. i need to send the message to second receiver..

this type of scenarios how can we do.. is it possible to do with out BPM... please suggest me the solution..

Thanks

Jain .P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ur scenario involves message persistance for sometime, thats y it wont be possible without BPm. In BPM, u may use the wait step.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

I will try with the above solutions...

Regards

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

There are two options for this

First one is to use Wait step in BPM as other experts suggested.

Second one is a dirty way around,what you can do is send the second message to a dummy receiver first(may be a file on your XI server),then design one bypass scenario which will pick up the file after a specified time interval(give the poling interval you want).

i would go for BPM coz its pretty straight forward,but in case you want to avoid BPM then u can use the second approach

for bypass scenario,have a look at the following

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jain,

this can be acheived by Event-Driven Message Processing/Jobs for Event-Driven Message Processing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7a/00143f011f4b2ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

"Together with the functions for defining the required senders and receivers and the corresponding processing jobs, this function gives you the option of event-driven message processing. You can stop specific messages and postpone processing until a later event occurs. "

Regards

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

With BPM you can easily do it.

i am giving you the steps:

1)first add a receive strep to get your message

2)then, put a receiver determination step with a multiline receiver container element assigned to its Receivers property.

3)then, put a block in dynamic mode(ie. ForEach/ParForEach mode) and assign the multiline receiver container element to its multiline element and assign a simple(single line) receiver container element to its current line property.

4) add a send step within the block, choose Receivers List in its Receiver From property and choose the current line receiver element in its Receivers property.

5) then add a wait step in the BPM, in its type select Wait Specified Time Period and then mention the duration in your desired time unit.

**Reward points if helpful...

--Sankar Choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is posssible...in mapping u have to write a Java code if u know java then u have option called delay.

Or one more thing u can do create two scenarios...in which first scenario will pick the file and it will archive the file....next scenario will pick the file from the archive directory....keep the second CC time as 5sec so that after first get executed with in 5 sec second will get triggered.

Or third option BPM in which we have delay optoin..

I have done the same scenario....we went with 2 scenarios....it will be simple and works....

BPM will be a performance issue..

Regards,

Phani