SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding manual billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

while creating manual bill (EA16) i got a message about sub-transaction that '"XX" transaction is not a suitable sub-transaction'.

I have already created main and sub transaction but still they are not coming in F4 help , which type of sub transaction i have to provide here.

thanks and regards

Deepak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Sub Transaction in EA16 must be assigned to Main transaction 0300 which is meant for manual/back billing.

Please check this thing.And also check that there is no internal main and sub assigned to the combination of your main/ sub transactions.

Reward Points if useful!!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Sub Transaction in EA16 must be assigned to Main transaction 0300 which is meant for manual/back billing.

Please check this thing.And also check that there is no internal main and sub assigned to the combination of your main/ sub transactions.

Reward Points if useful!!

0 Kudos

Hi Pratayasha,

thanks for your reply , actually i dont know much about the concept of main and sub transaction , could you please explain this ' +And also check that there is no internal main and sub assigned to the combination of your main/ sub transactions ' +.

thanks and regards

Deepak .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each and every Finanace transaction in FICAis recognised by its main and sub transaction.

For eg: If customer doesnt pay on time, he will asked for late fees.So late fees will have main transaction which will describe it is a charge and sub transaction may describe what kind of charge it is.

They also decide the account determination of that amount that is to which G/L that amount or finace transaction will go in FICO SAP/R3.

So as per std, a manual bill doc is always idenitifed by main transaction 300 and further description for it comes in the subtransaction for eg Manual BIll Doc for Some Meter Maintenance.

First thing you need to check in SPRO is:

1. Financial Accounting -> Contract Account Receuvale and Payable -> Basic Functions-> Posting and Documents ->

Miantain Document Assignments -> Mainatin Sub Transactions

The sub transaction must be there with main transaction 300 here with application area 'R'.

2. Financial Accounting -> Contract Account Receuvale and Payable -> Basic Functions-> Posting and Documents ->

Miantain Document Assignments -> Maintain Transactions for ISU -> Maintain Transactions for Billing

Here you will get a strucutre starting with Main transaction for selection.

You select your sub transaction here by Clicking define Sub Transactions and then there will be an option to allocate internal transactions to main sub.Please cclick this and check whetehr any internal main sub is assgned to your sub transaction or not.

You alos need to check here only for maintain attruibutes per company code and division for you main , sub , company code for the contract and division gas or electricity .It must also be maintained here.

Please check till here.I believe your issue will be resolved

Reward points if useful

0 Kudos

thanks Pratayasha, I already have main Transaction 300 and asign sub transaction to it.

when i asigned Internal main (0300,Man. credit o/backbilling) and sub transaction(0010,Manual Credit Memo) to my main(300) and sub transaction (011) and provide 011 in sub transaction field EA16 , i got a message that ' Sub-transaction 0011 has a special meaning' .

could you please tell me that what steps i am missing or what i have to do.

thnaks and regards

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You check table TFKIVV and see in IHVORG and ITVORG fields whether 0300 and 0011 have been assigned as internal transactions to someother combination of main sub or not.If yes then u can not use 0011 EA16.

Remove the internal transaction assignment 0300 and 0011 as internal transactions from the config with path same as Step 2 in my previous reply

Do let me know if any issue is still there.

0 Kudos

thses are the entries in the table TFKIVV:

MANDT APPLK IHVOR ITVOR HVORG TVORG

200 R 0300 0010 0300 0011

should i remove this assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just remove 0300 and 0010 in the config allocate internal transaction for main 0300 and sub 0011 in SPRO config of Step 2 of my second reply.

Your main and sub transactions must not be assigned any internal main and sub transaction.

That is there must not be entry as

200 R ? ? 0300 0011

Ther was a mistake in my previous reply.In table TFKIVV

your main/sub in ea16 must not be there in field HVORG/TVORG not IHVOR and ITVOR.Sorry for the mistake.

0 Kudos

If I remove this entry then I got the message that " 0011 is not a suitable sub-transaction "

if i assigned the sub transaction to internal transaction then system giving message that tcode have special meaning if i remove the assignment system giving message that its not a suitable transaction.

thanks and regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not remove the entry

Go to Config

1. Financial Accounting -> Contract Account Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions-> Posting and Documents ->

Maintain Document Assignments -> Maintain Transactions for ISU -> Maintain Transactions for Billing

Go to Main sub 0300 0011 then click allocate transaction to internal transaction.There u will see 0300 0011 editable inMT ans ST field.remove and save and now do manual bill.

0 Kudos

Pratayasha i did exactly as you said but still i am having the same error that 0011 not a suitable transaction.

regards

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

had recreated the sceanrio in my system as given by you in thread and fixed it withthe same problem.I believe then something is missing on some basic config.I

Go to TE305 fetch the data for ur main sub company code and

division.Find out whther it is debit or credit.

I would suggest you to put a breakpoint at FM: ISU_TAX_CODE_FOR_MANUBILLING and then debug ea16 transaction.This error comes only when sy-subrc is zero for this FM.You need the system to determine the error.

I believe there is some issue with tax code.

0 Kudos

thanks , I will try to debug the tcode EA16 , hope it will give me some help to sort out this issue .

0 Kudos

Try to use this BAPI : for creation a manual bill....

Note 148198 -Filling fields for DI in manual billing (EA16)

A Manual doc will be created and can be viewed in EA16.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Shiva

0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you maintained entries in T-Code EK01 & EK02? If not, pls maintain the entries.

Rgds

Rajendra