Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'd like to know about Batch Split:

- Can i allow batch split in a sales order or in a delivery just clicking a flag or sometinhg like that?

- Where can i manage batch split? i mean allowing it or not depending on my needs

Regards.

Eduardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do batch split on both sales order level and delivery level. This can be achieved by batch search strategy records.

You can configure your requirements at SPRO -> Logistics General -> Batch Management -> Batch determination and batch check -> Strategy types -> Define sales and distribution strategy types.

Also the batch determination procedure needs to be configured, if one is not available.

After these configurations, you need to create the batch search strategy records using VCH1.

Then the system will automatically picks the batches (with splits if necessary).

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a material is managed in batches, you can carry out a batch split for every component.

This means that if you split a batch, you assign more than one batch to one component. In this case, each batch is displayed as a separate component in the component overview.

Batch splits can only be triggered manually in the production order.

Prerequisites

The following requirements must be met for batch splitting:

The material master record of the material must specify that the material is managed in batches.

Batches must exist for the material.

Branch to the component overview screen.

To carry out automatic batch splitting via batch determination, proceed as follows:

Select the component that you wish to split and choose Component - Batch management - Trigger batch det.

The system lists all batches that meet the selection criteria and that have available stock on the requirements date.

Distribute the required quantity as required over the existing batches.

Select copy.

The system copies each batch as a separate component into the component overview screen.

To carry out manual batch splitting with manual batch assignment, proceed as follows:

Select the component for which you want to carry out batch splitting. Choose Edit - Insert - Batch split.

Enter the batch number and the required quantity manually in the component.

Save your entry.

regards,

Siddharth.

Edited by: SD on Mar 28, 2008 1:05 PM