cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insp type 06 for customer return

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using insp type 06 for customer return.After inbound delivery system will generate the lot and if after inspection I found that material is rejected, what UD I should give?If I will reject it, system will not allow me to do the PGR?But anyhow its my material, though it is rejected, I want to take that material and after some rework I will use it again.

So how to map such scenario?

If I reject that material, what will happen next?

Edited by: sandip raut on Mar 28, 2008 1:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are usually not ever refusing the goods being returned you should probably change your config to use the 651 instead of 655 MT. (or the other way around.. I always forget without checking). Make this change on the schedule line items DN.

Then activate 05 inspections. This will now cause an 05 inspection lot to be generated and the material will be received into QI unrestricted inventory where you can process it like any other stock relevant inspection type.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

so here i need not activate insp type 06 in material master?

only insp type 05 is enough?

Also please tell me how and when system will trigger the insp lot in case of insp type 05?(like in 01 and 04 insp type,system triggers lot after GR or in case of 03 it is at the time of production order creation)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you switch the movement type, then yes, you do not have to activate the 06. Just the 05.

The 05 lot is created when the GR is done.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now as you said I have switched the movement type to 651 from 655 and my material is in returns stock.I have activated the insp type 05 in material master.Now how I will do the GR (which tcode) so that system will generate the inspection lot with insp type 05?Is it with MIGO,against inbound delivery?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your material is already in returns, you must process it manually. Changing the config does will not impact any returns already done. Only new returns. And yes, the lot should be created when you do the GR.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a notofiction and do the rework.

Then post it to unrestricted stock

thanks and regards

Murugesan