cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange data between iview and popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey i want to pass over a selected line from a table-view to form-view in a popup. Is it possible to do it and if so, how can i do that? I tried to connect the table-view with the popup-component. But this component does not react to the select-event of the table-view and i don't know how to transfer the data from the popup-element to the fields in the popup-iview.

Thanks for your help!

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure which version you're working on.

But generally, when placing a popup element in the model, it should be configured with a popup iview (right click on the element and choose Drill Down).

When defining the start element of the popup-iview, it will automatically update the popup element in the calling iview. So you should be able to map parameters to it.

Remember that the popup iview received parameters through the START relay, and sends parameters back using the END relay.

Hope this helps,

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for your answer but i didn't help. I use version 6.14.09. I configured the popup with an ivew. then i defined a start point to form-view and from there an end-element. But there happens nothing. I cannot assign values at the popup-element! Do you have a guess what the reason could be?

Thank you!

tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok some additional information. I just managed to assign values coming from the iview-popup back to the calling element. But theres no way to send data from calling element to the iview!? I don't understand that!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey i got it down. it was exactly as you described i just overlooked something

Thanks a lot

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

I have excactly the same problem as you did.

I have a list with a toolbar. When pushing a button on the toolbar I open a popup. But I cannot get data from the list to be passed to the popup.

I have tried creating the popup as described in the post, but I still can't get it down.

Would appreciate som help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have realized a table and changing the data in a popup iView. You must pull out from the table and choose open popup. Then select the action, which you have defined for the button.

In the popup you must use start, and add the values which you want to get from the iView in the popup. Then you must go back to the iView and select the line between open popup and table. There you can assign the values for the popup input and the popup output.

Good luck!

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've managed to pass the data to the popup now.

The problem was that the field I wanted to pass to the popup wasn't included in the table.

Now a new problem is presented. I don't want the new field to be visible in the table because it is a key field which is not interesting to the user.

I have tried hiding it by selecting properties for the column and setting hidden formula = true. Nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Best Regards /Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I tried it out. It seems to be a bug, that the hidden function didn't work resp. didn't hide the column.

I have a solution for you. Select the table and go to the configuration menu. There you can also change the settings for visibility of a column. You have to uncheck the value by the show/hide option of the column.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

But then the value won't be passed to the popup

Answers (0)