cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retain(hold) the session ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have a dynamic table.I have done some manipulation in the table(table customization).I want to retain the table state.

For ex:-

I customize my table to display 25 columns.(initial size-30 column).So now if I log out and again log in,i should get the same 25 columns(and not 30 column).

Please suggest me how to do that.

Regards

-Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

This is not possible with Session Management. You can use cookies for this to keep inormation. But cookies are not reliable, it can be deleted by the user or by the browser unnaturally before it expires.

Another one way I suggest is you can maintain a DB table to keep track of this information though it is not a good way of programming.

Kind Regards,

Karthikeyan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

May I request you to answer this query.I am still waiting for the answer. Basicaly my query is:-

How do I retaing(hold) the state if I make some changes in the table,so that when I log out and log in againg I will get the same state(which i left when i last log out).

Please Suggest me the answer.

Regards

-Sandip

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use a property file and update the values in that property file to retain it. For example, you can have entries like

SHOW_ROWS = 10

MAX_ROWS = 30

and anything else that you require.

Thanks,

S-B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Can you please tell me elaborately with some sample code.I can get you but I dont know how to use the property file in webdynpro.

Is there any other way I can retaing the state by creating context node and attributes?

My objective is to retain the state so that when I log out and again log in,I should get the same state.

Thanks in advance.

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an example-application of SAP (the Quiz-application) using a properties-file, at least for reading. Check out http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/ba/bd83a4c70cfc449313d26d69283317/frameset.htm . Additionally you have to store the data in the properties-file in the exit-method of the component controller. However, of course this is not userspecific. If you need something that is specific for a user, i would go for a database.