cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Registeration in SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed precalculated server in my laptop and started the service.. it is used in BW for workbooks.... when iam creating a server in BW in TCOde RSPREADMIN : its creating the RFC automatically.. but when iam trying to test it says program in not registered.. can anyone will help to with the step by step process to register the program for RFC ... Please kindly help me its an urgetn prodcution issue... another doubt is when iam creating the server is it i have to give the server name as my computer name..

Please if anyone knows kindly share your experience with me.. its an critical issue for the production server..

Thanks

Sonu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if the IP-Address and hostname exists in the host file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of GUI you used on your laptop?

first check sap note 877774

also provide the values for following settings.

SM59 -> TCP/IP connections -> techinacal settings ( gateway options) for RFC destination PREC_LOCALHOST

also provide following value

SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Business Intelligence ->Settings for Reporting and Analysis -> Settings for Information Broadcasting -> Administrate Precalculation Server

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GUI 7.10...

I have provided the setting in the SPro.. but the server is not yet started.... its still in red color..

and When I have tested RFC it says ,....

" Program is not registered"...

Thanks

Sonu...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

your laptop win XP is installed which is not supported. instead of that install BI Precalculation Service on server so every user can access that.

following is prerequisites for BI Precalculation Service

-Windows 2000 or higher

-Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1

-Microsoft Excel 2000 or higher

-SAP GUI 6.40

also check Note 877774 - Pre-requisite for BI 7.0 Frontend

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I saw such. A problem in that --> your computer is not accessible from a network (from your server or in general) try to go Control Panel --> System --> remote and select the "Eneble remote desktop on this computer"

Also disable all firewals and antivirus software. After this first chek from SAP BW server using "remote tools"

or in start>run>
"Your_host_name"\ .if you can connect to your laptop -->

delete and create again in RSPRECADMIN .

My system information is XP sp2.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but we are connected to SAP server that means we are remotely access right...

Sorry i am unable to find the option SYSTEM in control panel....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu

MR Sergo is asked about remote desktop connection.

access your desktop of BW system.

I already suggest following

install BI Precalculation Service on windows server .

it is only work with host where SAP GUI 6.40 is installed

check Note 877774 - Pre-requisite for BI 7.0 Frontend

did you check the BI_PreCalServer folder under you installation source of GUI 7.10.

it contain document Availability_Precalculation_Service.pdf check that also.

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Mar 28, 2008 5:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MR. kaushal malavia. I'm install the BI Precalculation Service on XP OS and SAPGUI 710....

There were same problems while my computer is not become accessible from a network, after that any problems.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thanks Mr. Sergo for update.

as per note: Note 1013205 - Pre-Requisite for BI Precalculation service 710

Currently there is no pre-calculation service available with the 710 CD. The program is believed to be shipped with the patch 400 of the 7.10 Frontned.

so only problem in Host ( laptop) is not accessible by BW server.

check if the IP-Address and hostname exists in the host file of BW server as MR. Shaji Jacob suggested.

regards

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Mar 28, 2008 6:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're running into a similar problem. You can install Precalculation Server on a windows XP, according to this http://www.sapadvisors.com/resources/HowtoInformationBroadcasting.pdf You just have to reconfigire the service options.

However I'm installing it on a windows 2003 server. I followed the note mentioned about requirments, I should be all set there. But I still have the problem in sm59 (program not registered) and in rsprecadmin the server is off. I have SAPGUI 7.10 installed locally on the server and office 2003 and applied .net 1.1, sp1 and the hotfix.

I'm not sure if my problem is having SAPGUI 7.10 as from the last reply. Do you guys think it is..? If so is the only solution going back to 6.40 or waiting for the patch..?

Thanks,

Samer