cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One step approval workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added a step in one step approval workflow to check shop on behalf.

When a person shop's on behalf of a manager, and 1 step approval is triggered, i want the approver to be the manager.

But what is happening is that Manager's Manager is getting the workitem!

My query is that :if A shop's for B, the approver should be B for the shopping cart. How can i achieve this????

Anybody knows what needs to be done in this scenario?

Thanks & Regards,

San

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1229370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi San,

You need to create a substitute for the manager.

Create an entry in substitute table hrus_d2.

You will be able to see manager's email plus approve it provided you have the correct authorizations.

Hope this will help.

Please reward few points if you find this useful.

Thanks and Regards

Pras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

In addition to Usman's views also look at the below mentioned points :

1. In your org. structure if you have named somebody else as the head of the department for that org. unit, it will go to that person for approval.

2. And there is no point in taking approval from the same guy for whom you are shopping on behalf. In such a case that guy can himself create a shopping cart.

Looks like there is some mis / lack of understanding about the correct client requirements.

But there are few work arounds you define this guy as the substitute for his manager.Then either of them can approve the shopping cart.

Or.. don't make any body as H.O.D of org. unit and define the approval agent in the work flow builder using SWDD txn and let the approver will be taken from there.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in resolving your issue. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what ever is happening is correct.

in the classic workflows --> system will determine approvers based on the org structure.

there is no way we can alter this --> as this is classic workflow.

unfortutely there is no badi also to provide the system with the required approvers for your case.

only way is to use N-step badi and handle approvers based on the requirement.