cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a pdf from Webdynpro iview using "WebDynpro Java"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a requirement like creating a pdf file from the iview content in a web dynpro project.

Can any one explain me the procedure as well as code how to create a pdf from the table content using the "WebDynpro Java".

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

plz see the below links these r helpful for u

[|]

[|]

Regards

Hazrath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

To be able to use PDF forms in Web Dynproapplications:

��SAPNetWeaver Developer Studio(minimum SPS 11) is installed

��Adobe LiveCycleDesigner7.0 is installed

��Adobe Reader7.0.x is installed

��SAP NetWeaverWeb AS Java compatible with the DevStudio s installed

��The Adobe Document Services are deployed and configured on the SAP J2EE Engine.

��The Active Component Framework(ACF) of the Interactive Forms integration is installed. (not mandatory)

�� Internet Explorer(version 6)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2b6db1c4-0801-0010-faa5-ff4b4df5...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/63f09fc2-0401-0010-1482-dbf9891e...

Web Report to PDF

-

/thread/104121 [original link is broken]

Dynamik PDF

-

Online PDF

-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8d7b9e7d-0c01-0010-2495-94769155...

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithu Ghosh,

Thanks for the spontaneous reply. In the documents what u send are just creating a new pdf but i want to create the pdf by using the existing data or content such that it has to fetch the data from the existing views.

please try to help me

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Check whether this [thread |]helps to you.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I just developed a small sample application that displayng a table of 3 records created dynamically and it has to generate a pdf which contains the view that is my requirement.

for that i implemented your code in Init() in controller.java but it showing some syntax errors

Is that any properties files or any other files we have to add to this project or not.

Please respond me ASAP.

Thanks in Advance

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Please help me in solving my problem that i have to create a pdf which contains my views in the project i.e., if my project is having iviews those iviews should be opened in a new pdf.

I tried with so many ways using itext and using the above code what siva send to me but i am not able to create.

Please give me a solution for this it's an urgent requirement for me. based on this i have some other requirement.

thanks in advance,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What problems are you facing while using itext....

I think itext library should solve your problem .....

Regards

Akshaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used

Link : [] this method for displaying the view in a PDF.

for this i downloaded itext.jar as well as servlet.jar files into my project.

I am getting the following erros:

Kind Status Priority Description Resource In Folder Location

Error The type PDFDocument cannot be instantiated SampleCompView.java Sample/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/demo/pdf line 176

Error The method getInstance(Document, OutputStream) in the type PdfWriter is not applicable for the arguments (PDFDocument, ByteArrayOutputStream) SampleCompView.java Sample/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/demo/pdf line 182

Error The method open() is undefined for the type PDFDocument SampleCompView.java Sample/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/demo/pdf line 185

Error The method add(PdfPTable) is undefined for the type PDFDocument SampleCompView.java Sample/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/demo/pdf line 226

Error The method close() is undefined for the type PDFDocument SampleCompView.java Sample/gen_wdp/packages/com/sap/demo/pdf line 227

and for ur information

I am using NWDS 7.0.14

Help me if u can

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check if the itext.jar file downloaded from the website is in .zip format...

If it is in .zip format change it to .jar and then add it to the java build path of the project ...

Regards

Akshaya

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Naveen,

I was off for these four days so I could not reply.

For this you need to add two jar files com.sap.lcr.XXX; under the package. I don't remember exactly so just check in your jar files.

Right click on your project-> Select properties ->

Select Java Build path -> select Libraries tab -> Click on Add External JARs and browse and select com.sap.lcr.XXX; files.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

yes they are in .jar format only not in .zip format.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's ok siva,

where did i get those jar files by default they will be available or some where i have to get those files.

Thanks

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Those are standard .jar files and available with NWDS by default.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Add those jar files under ur lib folder under ur project structure also...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I added .jar files there in lib folder also. even though it showing the same errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

com_tssap_dtr_client_vfs

com_tssap_dtr_client_commandline

is that these files u r saying in tools folder i added these two even also it showing the same errors