Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can u upload Roles from 4.6C to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. Can we upload some roles from 4.6C system to an ECC 6.0 system? Will it accept and work properly?

Regards

Senthil

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ofcourse you can, but when creating the profiel you should always use teh expert mode: Read old data and merge with new data.

0 Kudos

I just found your message about uploading Security Roles from a 4.6C system to ECC 6.0. Can you give me more information about this process? So, I'm not moving a transport, or copying, I am uploading the roles from 4.6C to 6.0? Can you tell what transaction or process you use to upload?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

>

> Can you tell what transaction or process you use to upload?

Same as for the download, PFCG. Do mind the character set ('parameter' pulldown menu at the bottom of file save/open dialog box), they have to be the same on both sides.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

to make sure, that you do not face problems (like message at upload: 'file does not contain valid data') make sure, that you use the same codepage at download and upload. The codepage can be selected at the 'file-open-dialog' (location to store the file/to pick the file).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Can I also do a roles export and import thru transports from 4.6C to ECC 6.0, will it work?

Regards

Senthil

0 Kudos

it will work, but you will ahve to run SU25 afterwards or regenerate all profiles in expert mode manually.