Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "transactional Security"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I came across this word in a job description which said - " It is a transactional security position." I looked up every where but I could not find any thing other than generic content. Nothing specific to SAP. Could any one help me with the word (Transactional Security) and its relevance with SAP security.?

I would appreciate any help.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it's a strange way to say "security about access to SAP transaction codes"...

Regards,

Olivier

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it's a strange way to say "security about access to SAP transaction codes"...

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

It is not clear to me either what the question is.

It might be some .ppt which mentioned the transaction concept of the DB managememt system?

This has been discussed here before: For example, updating change records for "new : old" values after the change of the new value is commited (and therefore certain), opens a potential security loophole if the change record is not committed in the same context, at the same time.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would have to take in the context of the rest of the information on the position. It could even mean monitoring for fraudulent business transactions and the like and less of an SAP "User or Architecture" type security position.

0 Kudos

Yes, that is a good point. The job description could be referring to the security aspects of entering logistical events (for example, a customer places a sales order) and the subsequent (automatic) validation and processing of it without unwanted manual intervention or manipulation of the records (for example while on their way to FI).

It might also be referring to positions held by transactions in [securities|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities].

@ Prashant: I would ask them for more details. Although they may realize that you might not be familiar with treasury (component FIN-FSCM-TRM-TM in SAP), it is perhaps also better for you as well, as you might not like the job...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for all your help guys. I think I do have some idea about the phrase now. Yes, you guys were right - it is clearer if you see it in the light of the rest of the description.

have awarded your points.

thanks,

Prashant