cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where i need to configure a RFC as sender adapter. Right now i get an error when i test my RFC TCP/IP destination as "Program ID not Registered".

I read in sap help

"4. The communication channel in which the RFC adapter is defined must be defined for a service of type Business System in the area Service Without Party. In the PCK, you must create an empty party record.

"

does it means that we always need to define a business system while configuring RFc adapter as sender but not as business service?

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwanth,

FOR IDOC, RFC,proxy scenarios where u r interacting with R3 u always need to create the business sytems in SLD and import it into ID and use that.

As business sytem as physical system which are available in landscape.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is true.

You would always need a Business System for an RFC sender adapter.

This is because, the IS needs to register itself with some physical application server for RFC communication channel.

Here Come then the concept of the Program ID.

It is an registed Server progem, by means of which the IS registers to the gateway of you application server ( on the Technical system behind your Business System ).

It is technincally an TCP/IP connection. Check it in transaction SAPGW.

The name of the Program ID in the comm channel and the RFC connection should be the same.

Hope this helped

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Abhishek