Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Analysis Authorizations and rssm in BI and Bw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone let me know the difference between analysis authorizations IN bi7 and custom auth object through rssm in 3.5

Edited by: ramu tummala on Mar 28, 2008 5:10 AM

2 REPLIES 2

jabella
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sriya,

You can get that information in the following page:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/bi/authorization%2bin%2bsap%2bnw%2bbi

Regards, Jose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriya,

I'll try to help you:

In release of BI 7.0 there are available o Tcode “RSECADMIN” in this is grouped all of functionality about user maintenance and authorization and was created the new concept which is analysis authorization, this new concept replace the Reporting Authorization Object.

The Reporting Authorization Object is management through RMMS and the aim was custom authorization in base of characteristic relevant authorization, then was included in role an setup.

The RSECADMIN in Authorization label current you management analysis authorization which keep the same aim of RMMS, but include more functionality like hierarchies authorization.

In conclusion RMMS was replaced by RSECADMIN in Authorization.

In the SPRO in Analysis Authorization System you have shitch “Current Procedure with Analysis Authorizations" to new concept work.

I hope can help you.

Luis