cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting the incoming file to 6 messages ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is to split the incoming file to 6 messages and send to 1 receiver system.

CASE 1- Can i create 6 target datatypes, 6 target message types, 6 target message interfaces to send to receiver system?

CASE 2- Can i split the incoming file into 6 files using multimapping by just creating 1 target datatype, 1 target message type, 1 target message interface to send to receiver system?

I want to know are both cases give the desired results? If both cases are possible, then in 1st case do i require to write any condition in interface determination, If yes then please provide the sample to write the condition.

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CASE 1- Can i create 6 target datatypes, 6 target message types, 6 target message interfaces to send to receiver system?

Yes, You can achieve it this way.

You will have 6 interface mappings. When you come to interface determination, you can add all 6 interfaces in the list based on XPATH value for unique tag for particular interfaces. the comparation use "EX", means the tag exist.

For each interface you added, select corresponding interface mapping program.

For example, you have Msg1 - Msg6 tag are in your 6 interfaces:

The Conditions are

If Msg1 Ex, then using receiver interface 1, and mapping: Src Interface - > interface 1

If Msg2 Ex, then using receiver interface 2, and mapping: Src Interface - > interface 2

CASE 2- Can i split the incoming file into 6 files using multimapping by just creating 1 target datatype, 1 target message type, 1 target message interface to send to receiver system?

Based on your requirement (If I understand correctly), this option does not work. Your target system is expecting 6 files, however, you only define 1 target message type, mean only this type of message sent to target, there is no mapping doing splitting.

Liang

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

if your 6 msgs have diferent structures, then go for case 1 and have 6 mappings and in configuration have 6 reciever determinations for your 6 inbound msg interfaces............

but if you have just one structure for all 6 msgs, then go for case 2 and in configuration have 1 reciever determination.......since you have only one receiver system for all 6 msgs, you do not need conditional recever determination in this case.......in your msg mapping, you will do the mapping for outputting each of the 6 msgs.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can split one message into multiple message. For that there there is no need to create multiple message type if the target message type has same structure for all the file.

For doing this go into message tab mapping and change the occurences of target message type to 0 to unbounded and do the mapping according to ur need.

Do the same in Interface mapping(change the occurences).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you are doing the normal file to file Scenarios

in that you have created 6 messages in sender side and one Receiver side

you can create 6 target datatypes, 6 target message types, 6 target message interfaces

but the 6 message in one file send to the reeiver file it is simple scenarios why you need to create seprate.

yes you can split the incoming file into 6 files using multimapping by just creating 1 target datatype, 1 target message type, 1 target message interface

thanks

Regards

vijay

Edited by: Vijay Yewale on Mar 28, 2008 6:32 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Case 1 - This will be used when u want separate type of structures to be sent to different receivers. Thats y u will have to create 6 target DT and MT. Here multimapping will be used. In Integration Directory, conditions in reciever determination step is not mandatotry

Case 2 - If there will be same target structure, then same type of message will be passed to all the receivers. Conditions is not mandatory in this case also but u may have a requirement to send message to receiver based on some payload field. In that case, conditions in receiver determination can be used

Regards,

Prateek