cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination with Product selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus

We are using material determination with product selection. The process is that customer will send in one product in a sales order. At the time of doing ATP we have to look for about three or four possible alternatives and confirm that alternative which has the highest stock level depending on the ATP situation. We have configured material determination with SAP standard substitution reason’0006’ to take care of this. The problem with this is that this creates two line items in sales order as the item substituted is shown as a sub-item of the material entered. We do not want to have two line items in a sales order for this. Is there a way we can do material determination with product selection (Based on ATP) and have the item substituted replace the item entered in a sales order? In other words we do not want to see two line items in a sales order. The substitute item should simply replace the original item and the material entered could be stored in field VBAP-MATWA. I have gone through all the standard SAP documentation which clearly states that in order to material determination based on ATP we have to use outcome A or B both of which create a sub-item.

I was wondering if there is any workaround or if there is any user exit in which we can replace the original item with the substituted item?? Any help or any direction will be highly appreciated.

Another question is if we were to use APO for doing global/Rule based ATP is it possible to get rid of the double line items. We have also tried to use rule based ATP in APO and use product/location substitution in our sandbox system to see if we can get back only one line item. But even in that case we do get a sub item. Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated. You can also send me an e-mail at pdis123@yahoo.com.

Thanks

SDSAPCON

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

>

> Hi SAP Gurus

>

> We are using material determination with product selection. The process is that customer will send in one product in a sales order. At the time of doing ATP we have to look for about three or four possible alternatives and confirm that alternative which has the highest stock level depending on the ATP situation. We have configured material determination with SAP standard substitution reason’0006’ to take care of this. The problem with this is that this creates two line items in sales order as the item substituted is shown as a sub-item of the material entered. We do not want to have two line items in a sales order for this. Is there a way we can do material determination with product selection (Based on ATP) and have the item substituted replace the item entered in a sales order? In other words we do not want to see two line items in a sales order. The substitute item should simply replace the original item and the material entered could be stored in field VBAP-MATWA. I have gone through all the standard SAP documentation which clearly states that in order to material determination based on ATP we have to use outcome A or B both of which create a sub-item.

>

> I was wondering if there is any workaround or if there is any user exit in which we can replace the original item with the substituted item?? Any help or any direction will be highly appreciated.

>

> Another question is if we were to use APO for doing global/Rule based ATP is it possible to get rid of the double line items. We have also tried to use rule based ATP in APO and use product/location substitution in our sandbox system to see if we can get back only one line item. But even in that case we do get a sub item. Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated. You can also send me an e-mail at pdis123@yahoo.com.

>

> Thanks

>

> SDSAPCON

In the substitution reasons ...mark the OUTCOME as blank for this particular 0006. I am not sure for ATP

rgds

Sai

Edited by: Sai on Mar 27, 2008 10:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

Thanks for the response. But if the outcome field is left blank then it does not do product substitution based on ATP.

SDSAPCON