cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have table filled with data downloaded from db and another view with Inputfields which data from is saved to same db. When I save the card and I get back to table newly added data is not listed, I need to refresh using refresh button or ctrlf5 to get that row added to the table. What I want to do is to have an "automatic" ctrlf5 when I press "back to table" linktoAction which is for now casual wdThis.firePlugToTableView();. How can I implement that to an action? Regards, Balmer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi, I have table filled with data downloaded from db and another view with Inputfields which data from is saved to same db. When I save the card and I get back to table newly added data is not listed, I need to refresh using refresh button or ctrlf5 to get that row added to the table. What I want to do is to have an "automatic" ctrlf5 when I press "back to table" linktoAction which is for now casual wdThis.firePlugToTableView();. How can I implement that to an action? Regards, Balmer

Are you loading the table data in wdDoInit()? If so you should create a separate method to do this and then call this method from wdDoInit()...

Then whenever you "get back to table" Ii.e in your inbound plug) you can call that method to repopulate the table.

I hope that makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I do populate it in wdDoInit() yet no expected action is done. Either I populate in wdDoInit or call method from somewhere else it still doesnt update by itself. Need to trigger it somehow. Regards, Blamer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested, have a seperate method to populate the context with DB data. Call this in wdDoInit() method and also from the "onPlug<inbound plug name>" event handler. Don't forget to invalidate the node before querying the DB.

Regards,

Satyajit.