Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was trying on matching mode.

I entered two same record and came into matching Mode in Data manager. I selected one of those record(same records) and clicked on "Matches" tab but i did not get potential matching reocrd (Though I had already entered same record)

Can anyone tell me how to work in Matching Mode .

Please mention some example too

Thanks

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ignore this post. Refer the below post.

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Mar 27, 2008 6:49 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

The steps to run the matching stratergy on records are as follows:

1.Create Rules - Here you have to choose potential fields which you feel can have duplicate values accross all records.

2. Use Rules and Define a matching Stratergy. ( Define Scores)

3. Select the records and Right click on them.

4. Choose Matching-> Stratergy ( you have created)

The results of the Startergy will come showing High, Low etc.

5. Select the record with High, Go to Match tab. Tick on the record you feel are duplicate to the selected record.( In your case you will find 1 record).

6. Go to Merge tab and select the Values you want to choose for all fields.

7. The 2 records will be merged into 1.

In addition , you can refer to the link below:

[[/people/michael.reil/blog/2006/05/18/mdm-matching-strategies-for-master-data-consolidation] ]

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if helpful.

Thanks and regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin

thanks for you great help . I have understood its funda.

but when define strategy, the fields 'Max Score' and 'Min Score' are read only and have value 0.

How can I give score in this fields

Please let me know.

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti,

these are the read only values in strategies Tab, you can not edit.

these values generate based on Rule which you have included in your strategies.

For ex:

Just create a rule in rule tab and assign success and failure value in it.

then go to strategies tab and include the rule in your strategy then you will see the Max score and Min score automatically generate as per the rule which you have included. For more info on this just refer the Data Manager guide.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

How do you give the sore in Strategy??

Ans: Once you save the score in Rule, in Strategy add that rule means click the check box of that rule you want to include and the score will be automatically come according to Rule.

You can enter any score which you want to see on success of matching two or more records and as well faliure. Generally we put success as higher than faliue so that easily understand what is happening when matching take place. Thresold count also have a significance role in this. Just read the reference guide have explanation for this:

Rule score:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/e3/0ca76c664d49edb7fb3193864b7592/content.htm

Thresold:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/bb/a84db791b7432292a8eec8f470dadf/content.htm

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 28, 2008 5:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Regarding your question about Max Score and Min Score:

1. Create Rules and assign the Success Rate or Failure Rate.

I will try to explain by an example:

Suppose you feel that the Feild1 has a High potentail of being a duplicate. Then suppose you assign a success rate of 40.

and similarly for Field 2 - 35

Field 3 - 25.

2. After this when you create a startergy and include (tick) all your Rules. The total of the success rate will come as the Max Score : 100.

As mentioned above also, you cannot edit the max and the Minscore.

Additionally, High Threshold and Low threshold will decide the result of the Stratergy you are running.

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hope this helps:-

[Matching Example|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=%2flibrary%2fmaster-data-management%2fmatchingBasedonAttributesofaRecordinMasterDataManagement.pdf]

Cheers

Navneet