Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resend failed messages on the J2EE JDBC Adapter side on XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the following scenario:

SAP R/3 -> XI 3.0 -> J2EE JDBC Adapter -> MS SQL DB.

Are there any reports/any configuration changes that I can make in order to resend XML messages that are NOT processed from the J2EE JDBC Adapter to the MSSQL-DB?

The report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES handles everything in TA SXI_MONITOR. The report RSQIWKEX handles everything in SMQ2 and the report RSARFCEX deals with TA SM58.

But what I am really missing is something that tries to resend the messages that the IE of XI could process successfully, but where the messsage itself stucks at the JDBC->MSSQL-DB side.

Are there any default parameters by which the J2EE JDBC Adapter itself tries to resend failed messages? (e.g.: until the MSSQL-DB is available again?)

Thanks for any suggestions!

regards

Nesimi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

on the J2SE AE there is one parameter in the documentation that do exactly what I am looking for:

db.noOfRetries = <n>

Specifies how often the system attempts to re-establish the database

connection and access the database following an SQL exception. If the number

of retries is reached, the last status is returned to the sender Integration Server.

In the case of an error, the message is therefore only processed again when it is

resent by the Integration Server.

The default value is 0.

regards

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

within the Runtime Workbench Message Monitoring you can select the messages in the Adapter Engine which have an error state and resend them. Also you will see within the Audit Log of each failed message, that the Adapter Engine will try to resend the messages a number of times (5 i believe), however i don't know if or where this number can be set.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe this is set when you configure the scenario using the integration builder tool. When you choose the outbound adapter (i.e. JDBC), there should be an option, (I believe it's the second tab in the bottom middle of the right pane, but this is from memory and I haven't done this in over a year) to set the retries value. Unfortunately I currently don't have access to an XI system so I can't verify this.

-Steve

-

If you find a post useful, please help keep the community going by setting a good example and rewarding the poster with points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the only thing i know is to use a business process to send the message.

And when you get an error you will try to send it again in your exception branch.

Regards,

Robin