cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI query's Date - VC Date format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I need your help: I have a BI query to feed VC table, there are some Date fileds in the query, but their data type are all shown as "T" (text) in VC, so that all dates are displyed as yyyymmdd. Can you please help and tell me how to change their data type to "D", so I can change the format to mm/dd/yyyy?

Thanks, Jin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Can u send the screen shot of the UI control types to govindunagotla@gmil.com.

I will check one thing.

i will be in office one more half an hour we will conclude ur problem

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jen,

You should right click on the input field then choose properties from the context menu,Under General Tab the last field is the default valu you should add your expression there.

Regards Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks alot for your great help. So I should put the expression string in Expression and choose Custom option in Formatting tab, is it right?

(since our system is down, I can't test it, but I will let you know)

Thanks again, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I just put your string in expression and tested it and got perfect result. Thank you very much for your great help. I want to reward you 10 points, somehow I can't. do you know why?

Thanks again, Jin

Edited by: Jin Freda on Apr 2, 2008 8:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jin,

You can use the MID function.

MID(@SHORT_TEXT,5,3)

Displays a substring consisting of the sixth, seventh and eighth character of the string. For example, DOCUMENTATION would be displayed as ENT.

So lets say if the parameter field supplying the date is called 'DATE" and its format is yyyymmdd you can change the format using the following expression

(MID(@DATE,4,2))&"/"&(MID(@DATE,6,2))&"/"&(MID(@DATE,0,4))

to change the format to mm/dd/yyyy

Regards,

Ahmed