cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI New DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ppl,

I have a requirement in ESS. I need to create a new view/application. I have certain queries around it:

1. Can i create a new project directly under the ESS component in inactive DC's mode? That way, for a service pack upgrade, will there by any effect to my custom DC? Any other issue with this approach?

2. Any other way to create an application and then migrate that application into my portal?

3. How will i call my application from my iView? I mean the iView type eother application based, URL based or any other way. I meant for the iView type that needs to be created.

Please reply. Points will be rewarded for sure.

Thanks,

Santosh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

If you are developing a new DC then Best practice is to create customer name space Software comopnet(SC) and include the new DC in this. In this way after any upgrade of SC's provided by SAP will have minor impact on the custom developed DC. During upgrade SC's from SAP will be overwritten due to the new functionality provided by SAP and the custom defined SC will not be overwritten as the name space is different.

If you are modifying an existing DC provided by SAP , then use the same SC provided by SAP.

Assuming that you are developing a webdynpro application, in portal create a webdynpro iView and call your application.

Regards

Srikanth KV

Answers (0)