cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I created a material with movement type 561 at MB1C.The stock was posted.I created a sales order and delivered it.When i check at VL02N at schdule line tab M(Movement type) is 601.pls, let me know why it is coming like that.

Thanks.

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

let me try add some more info here, please check when you post the stock at MB1C with 561 movement whats the description over there, you would find that there are so many movement types available for different material movements. 561 is for initial stock posting, means the stock is coming into the Plant/Storage Location combination. Its an inward movement. When you do delivery and post the Goods Issue the stock is moving out of your Plant/Storage Location combination that you mentioned in the delivery. For this outward movement we use 601. Also you would find a - indicator for 601 meaning the stock is reducing. Now this movement type would be configured to one GL account where the value is posted.

hope it helps.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya

To post the stock so that you can create delivery and do post goods issue. For this, you have used movement type 561 so that only the inventory value will get adjusted. While posting the goods issue, through 601, you are again reducing the inventory.

When you do invoice, customer gets debited, sales credited. This is happening through 601 movement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The movement type will be taken from your schedule line, check the sales order and schedule line, the movement type will flow from the schedule line customizing. The movement type 601 is for the sales movement.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

561 Initial entry of stock - unrestricted-use stock

During initial entry of stock balances, when the R/3 system is active, you enter the physical warehouse stock figures or the book inventory from your old system into the R/3 Materials Management component. This data entry usually takes place by means of batch input.

Now as u created stock and sent material so it is showing moment type as 601

601 Goods issue for delivery (Shipping)

In Shipping, this movement type is created automatically with the Goods issue for delivery function.

The quantity is taken from unrestricted-use stock.