cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of Planned order in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

I am SAP PP consultant & learning APO ...... I will ask many question that may sound very simple but please excuse me.

As per my undrestanding we can create planend order in APO & then transfer that to R/3 or other way we can do the conversion to production order also in APO & then tranfer that in R/3.......

What is the relative advantage & disadvantage of both the methods.....

Please suggest me

Regrads

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP or PPDS generates planned orders and you can "set" a conversion indicator in APO.

APO is only a planning system it is not an execution system and ECC is the execution system. So, APO can only generate planned orders and atmost set a conversion indicator for your convenience but would not be able to convert a planned order to a Production order. Only ECC can do that.

Hope this helps.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu Venkat,

Thanks for your response. Do you mean that even mean that even me transfer the planned order generated in SNP to PP/DS for detailed schduling it will not get converted in production order.....

Please suggest me

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the integrated scenario (Using R/3 and APO), there are 2 options for conversion of planned orders to production orders.

1. Planned orders created in APO are transferred to R/3 and conversion is done in R/3

2. Planned orders are created in APO and conversion of planned order to production order is triggered in APO by maintaining the conversion indiacator to corresponding planned order in APO.....Even in this case, the conversion takes place in R/3 but it is only triggered through APO.

SAP recommends to use the option 2 as the order data in APO and R/3 will be same when option 2 is used. whereas in option 1, the order data changed in R/3 will not get updated in APO

for more info, you can refer the help document or OSS notes.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks expert for enlightening me .

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same problem. I am trying to convert SNP Planned orders to PPDS Planned roders. and Once they are PP/DS planned orders then I am trying to set a conversion indicator in APO for the Planned order to get converted into Production order

In Dev system it allows me to do that, but in Q system, I have the problem in converting SNP Planned orders into PPDS Planned orders. It gives me an error " SNP Order XXX cannot be converted into PP/DS Planned order".

What could be the reason.

Probably I should keep it in a seperate thread, but as it is almost same I am writing in this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you convert in APO, GATP check will be called for the planned order before conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to clarify, the transfer of data from the execution system (SAP R3) to the planning system (APO) depends on the configuration and settings carried out in the two integrated systems.

When an APO planned order is converted into an R/3 production order, certain APO and R/3 data is merged. During this merge, certain information from the APO planned order is copied to the production order.

When the data has been merged, the production order has been saved and, if necessary, the R/3 planned order has been deleted, the R/3 order number is returned to APO (assuming there is an active CIF integration model for production orders). This ensures that orders in SAP R/3 and SAP APO are known by the same order number. An order that is created in SAP APO and published to SAP R/3 is assigned its own number in SAP R/3. The number that is assigned in SAP R/3 is always different to the existing order number in SAP APO. The R/3 order number is sent back to SAP APO and assigned to the original order.

This return process is carried out for planned orders and manufacturing orders.

If an order is transferred from SAP APO to SAP R/3 and is assigned its final order number there then the order is automatically sent back from SAP R/3 to SAP APO so that the order number assigned by SAP R/3 is also available in SAP APO. This process is called key completion.

In some cases it may also be necessary to return the order number to SAP APO if no new order number is assigned in SAP R/3, for example if components have been added in the production order.

Regards

Vinod