cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Post Display - New Problems with Firefox Browser?

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have random horizontal lines appearing in the forum posts between lines, between paragraphs and over the text creating a strike through appearance. I have been a long time Firefox user and did not have any issues till now. I noticed this happening on Monday (have not been on for a few days before that). I have just updated my Firefox and currently at version 2.0.0.13. The problem existed with the prior version as well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Can you give an example of a thread where you see this?

Best Regards,

David

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

This happens pretty much in every post that has multiple replies. The lines appear every time I scroll down but disappear when I scroll back up. It could be something to do with my machine. This happens only on the SDN Forums site.

Thanks,

Ramki Maley.

Edited by: Ramki Maley on Mar 29, 2008 2:10 PM

A Clean re-install of Firefox seems to have taken care of the problem.

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Seems more likely it is a problem with your PC. Here is a screenshot of this thread I took opened up in FireFox on my PC (Dell Latitude D820).

Best Regards,

David

Patrick_McMahon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have noticed this with Firefox (2.0.0.13) too. Have a look at this [thread|;. It appears fine initially but if you scroll to the bottom and then scroll back to the top, horizontal line(s) appear in the quoted text section in the second of Julius' replies. If you scroll back down the line(s) have disappeared only to reappear when you scroll back up.

Regards,

Patrick.

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I did see that happen. What was even stranger was for me it happened the first time when I scrolled down through the replies. Then when I scrolled back up it was gone and seems to stay gone no matter how many times I scroll up and down.

BR

David