cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Confirmation Message possible in case of File to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

It’s a File (sender) to IDOC (receiver) interface. Once the IDOC is posted correctly in SAP, is it possible to generate a confirmation message back to sender file?

I want to know if there is any way to inform the sender system that the transaction was successfully created.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Meghna.

Edited by: meghna swaraj on Mar 27, 2008 1:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc and make sure the following settings

Tcode -SXMB_ADM >integration engine configuration>specific configuration--> choose RUNTIME --> ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

The initial requirement is the FILE (sender) to IDOC (Receiver) interface. Its working fine. Once the IDOC is posted correctly in SAP, is it possible to generate a confirmation message back to SENDER FILE?

The sender is sending the File and the IDOC is posted. Whether the IDOC is posted with error or correctly, the confirmation message is required back from the receiver IDOC to the sender File.

Please let me know the configuration for idoc acknowledgment ALEAUD which you all have suggested will that work for INBOUND IDOC.

Regards,

Meghna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

It’s a FILE to IDOC interface. confirmation message back is needed to sender file, for that I followed the below link for Configuring the IDOC acknowledgment ALEAUD.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

As specified in point 7 and 8, used the transaction RBDSTATE & created the variant SAP_AUDIT_SEND for report RBDSTATE and scheduled a background job at receiver system.

Here the problem is, acknowledgment for ALEAUD getting scheduled twice, as a result two IDOC’s ALEAUD is generated.Instead it should get scheduled only once.

Can any one tell me why the job is getting scheduled twice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Meghna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes is it possible to generate a confirmation message back to sender file

you are creating the file to idoc scenarios in that your are creating the logical system for receiver side

just create an ack .to set the port in idoc so that the ack goes to the sender side through file.

thanks

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

BPM is not used, it’s a normal File to IDOC interface.

Please let me know the steps for creating an Acknowledgement and set the port in IDOC so that the ack goes to the sender side through file.

Regards,

Meghna.

Edited by: meghna swaraj on Mar 27, 2008 2:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

if you want just idoc acknowledgmen as an ALEAUD idoc, then you have to configure IDOC acknowledment for your scenario........then in BPM after sending the idoc to r/3 you can get its acknowledgment from R/3 in BPM..........but you will not be able to access the data of this acknowledgemnent msg in BPM.. so you will just output a dummy msg to source system that idoc processed in r/3.

but if you want some other idoc to be sent as a response like an ORDERSP idoc to be sent as a response to ORDERS idoc, then i will suggest you to just have two different scenarios of FILE IDOC for sending idoc and IDOC FILE for getting its response idoc data in a file and then from this response data, it can be determined which source idoc response it is.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks a lot for your fast response.

BPM is not used, it’s a normal File to IDOC interface. Please suggest in this case.

Regards,

Meghna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

without BPM you will not be able to get idoc acknowledgment ALEAUD msg into XI

so then you are left with the only option of configuring an IDOC FILE scenario with taking response idoc like ORDERSP from R/3 to source file system as i have suggested above.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Its the 'Vendor master IDOC ' cremas04 which is used. And require an acknowledgement for all the processed IDOC's either successful or with error.

Regards,

Meghna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

see the below link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

configure for idoc acknowledgment ALEAUD as said in the above link..........then your ALEAUD idoc will reach XI by your schduled abap job.............configure a IDOC FILE scenario and output this ALEAUD msg data into a file.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 27, 2008 2:32 PM