cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService - XI - WSDL with addtional XSD-files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a WSDL-File which contains only the operations of a webservice.

Then i have different XSD-Files which contains the structure of the data.

I can't find an external reference in the WSDL-file to the XSD files...

How do i have to configure my interfaces in XI? If i use the WSDL-file only one parameter is shown (reqeuest).

If i use the XSD-Files i can do the mapping... But I don't need the WSDL-file??!!

Any ideas?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

There is a tag called xsd:location which relates the WSDL to external schema files .

If you are calling a web service, then you can directly use xsd to create your data types but in some cases operation name is also required which is present in WSDL.

Data Type is just an way to send the required data, but what operation you are calling from Web Service. A Web Service may contain various operations. So to distinguish, operation name is also required.

Try creating your message throough XML SPY and see the input message generated , whether it matches with your XSD format or not.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you planning to use these external definition for an inbound or outbound interface definition?.

If it is for an inbound definition ( XI use to call an external web service using SOAP adaptor) then the definition has to be full mean it should provide all the details to invoke a service and a operation.

If it is for creating an outbound interface, then we can create the interface definition using data types from the WSDL or XSD.

Thanks