Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

further action after leaving search help without event "onEnter"

steffen_brauner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an iView with an input field to select an employee with search help PREM. Everything works well, so I can search by several match codes.

And here's my problem: I need the name of the employee in an output field of my iView whenever I select a result of the search help without pressing the enter key (just to make the user sure to use the right employee).

Is there the possibility to call a customer function and afterwards to bind the element? Ok, I think I need an interaction – but how can I do this without the event onEnter? I just want to select an employee with the search help and -when returning back- displaying his name.

We substituted an html-application with this iView. The html-appl used a piece of java script in which we used the "on blur"-function, so when we left the input field we called a function to select the employee's name. This way was fine...

Ok folks, who has an idea/solution?!

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steffen_brauner
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanx!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi steff........

what you can do is... instead of a standard search help, you can use ovs... so in the coding part you can fill other details too with respect to the selected value... or

try filling the output field in the wddomodify method.

---regards,

alex b justin