cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic population of HTML dropdown..

0 Kudos

hi,

I am supposed to use a html dropdown,where the values are being populated dynamically.so in the update event of a browser applet i am getting the rowcount and populating the html dropdown by looping through each items of the browser. while doing this, the page is getting refreshed repeatedly giving a flickering effect.is there any ways to avoid this......

thanks

karthick...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need the html select box to be data driven and only really need it populated by the query results as part of the page rendering then you could consider a SERVLET call with a stylesheet. Take a look at http://localhost/Illuminator/StyleSheets/IllumList.xsl, as this is used when you run test queries for modes such as TagList, TableList, xxxList.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've honestly had much better results manually populating a browser applet, you can use a generic query template to create a "blank" browser. Then use the document.iBrowser.getBrowserObject().addItem(VALUE) or document.iBrowser.getBrowserObject().addItemWithDatalink(VALUE,DATAVALUE) or document.iBrowser.getBrowserObject().insertItem(VALUE,POSITION) etc.

The reason I like doing this is that the browser applet will have the same look and feel as other browsers on the page. I've never noticed a performance difference between doing this and populating a HTML option form. I guess its more of an aesthetic thing for me.