cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP Reload option in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Can anybody tell how to disable JSP reload option in sap netweaver.

By default it is enabled.

i want to disable it so that changes made in jsp page shouldn't reflect automatically.

i am using SAP netweaver 6.4 with sp12.

thanks

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Jha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

There is no such option in J2EE Engine.

I don't see any reason to delay the jsp compilation.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

I couldn’t get you, did you mean to say that there is no such option in SAP Netweaver to disable jsp auto reload.

Other application server does give option to disable it, by doing this we can reduce the overhead.

This will increase the performance as it won’t reload the jsp’s again & again.

let me know if you require any info.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

The WEB container does not compile the jsp files on every request but only when there are changes in it. So there is not a major performance degradation. Of course if you make changes again and again this will require recompilation and it is a slow process, but I suppose it will be better to see immediately the changes you make.

If the jsp is not recompiled after the changes you can get inconsisencies. I don't understand why you need to disable this.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

i require this option because if somebody do changes in jsp's which is no longer require it souldn't create overhead.

i wanted to check this option is there or not.

its Bacially to give user a option to customize the deployed files.

It will be helpful if you can guide me how to figure out how to disable this option.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

There is no such option and you cannot disable recompilation. Every change in a jsp file causes its compilation. Usually manual changes in jsp files are not done that often in production systems so there is not performance degradation caused by compilation of jsps. If someone needs to change a jsp in a production system there are definitely strong reasons to do this no matter how much it will affect the performance. As I said the compilation is done just once so I don't see how it can influence the overall performance.

Usually manual changes in jsp files are done in development systems and I think that it is better if a developer see immediately the result.

Disabling JSP reload may only cause inconsistency.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Thanks for your update.

You mean to say that SAP doesn't provide this option to disable jsp reload?

You are correct that nobody do frequent changes in jsp pages, but I am only trying to find that SAP Netweaver provide this kind of option or not ( other app server do provide this option).

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

SAP NetWeaver does not provide such option.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Can you provide any links to support this view that

SAP NetWeaver does not provide such option( JSP reload)

it will be great help.

One more query

does SAP NetWeaver supports Precompilation of war files through command line or console base?

Regards

Rahul

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, hi Vyara,

the statements so far are wrong as far as SAP's official statement about this is concerned (I didn't check if it works, but the official statement says, it does):

See SAP note 753610, under nr. 5.

It is also a more than "normal" feature each other servlet engine I know has got, it would be somewhat embarrassing if SAP's server would have not...

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for the info,

can you give me more info about it.

Any link that describe it will be most helpful.

also can send me the note 753610 through mail.

my id Rahul.KumarJha@businessobjects.com

if possible send me info about how to configure it

Thanks

Rahul

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you should have an OSS user if using a SAP system?!?!

Anhyow, this is the important part of the note:

<i>If the portal server is in production mode, the check to verify if the jsp has changed is disabled (changes made manually to the file system are only authorized if the par file which contains the jsp files is uploaded again). In development mode, the check is enabled and all changes to jsp files in the file system (manually) are carried out by the jsp compiler.</i>

Hope it helps and hope you consider this as a solution, knick knack,

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Sorry if you misunderstood i am not using portal server,

I am using the app server.

If you can tell me how to disable jsp reload option in portal server it will be helpful.

Thanks

Rahul

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

ooops, my fault.

> If you can tell me how to disable jsp reload

> option in portal server it will be helpful

Now you have mixed up the things!? You don't want the info about the "portal server", but the info about the Web Container of the J2EE engine.

Ok, for this I also cannot find any info, and it may be true that this is not supported. I couldn't understand this, for in productive systems this is a serious performance issue (with each JSP request a file system access is needed, which is totally superflous).

Sorry for not being more helpful,

best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Sorry mixing things!

I thought it is supported in both app server & portal server.

Yes you are right it may not improve the performance immensely.

I only want to find a way to disable it. (Means an option that you can provide to user, other application server give this option).

If SAP doen’t provides it ok. But is this any where mentioned (like release note).

Information’s are always helpful.

Thanks

Rahul

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

mixing up things again

> you are right it may not improve

> the performance immensely

I've stated the oppsite: This can be a serious performance issue on heavy loaded systems. Among others, for sure, but not unimportant.

> If SAP doen’t provides it ok

That's not my thought

> is this any where mentioned (like release note)

At least, it seems that the opposite (that the feature is given) isn't mentioned anywhere. In addition, if you check the properties of the WebContainer of the J2EE engine using VisualAdmin, there is no such property.

Hope it helps

Detlev