cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Identifying user terminals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing problem in identifying the user terminal. A single userid is shared by many users in our production server.Some one using this id has blocked certain materials and one more user using the same id wants to know who has done this, from which terminal/hostname. Is there any transaction to find it out?

I checked ST03, SM04 but i couldn't find out the terminal.

Please help me solving this problem.

Regards,

Sowmya K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Try to change the layout in SM04 and you can see the terminals there(settings----

>layout ). Then you try to look at the lockentry's from sm12/sm13 there you will find the users and locked tables. Then check the user sessions,there you can get the T code which is used to lock the table.

If you are looking for any info which is done few day's back, it's not possible in this scenario(multiple logins). Any how this is not the right way of using SAP and it's a major threat to your application as well(multiple logins).

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

SM04 in later releases will show you as stated for users logged on (from table USR41 which you will find easier to look at)

but for historical, it is not in ST03 but it is in transaction STAD (STAT in 46- releases) and this is only kept for a few days, you can persist the data from STAD using something like note 143550 / 931446 or saving STAT files from disk and using RSSTAT20 / RSSTAT26 to read it

Also you can get the info if using auditing (SM19/SM20)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AL08 shows all users in the systems including terminals.

additionally transaction S_BCE_68001402 show users with nunsuccesfull logons.

anyway -

THERE IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOG ON MULTIPLE USERS ON ONE ACCOUNT - YOU BREAK LICENSING CONDITIONS

regards,

Wojtek

reward ponts if helpful