cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting default value of check box or radio button group dynamically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to set the initial value of a check box and a radio button group to values stored in data store variables. This does not seem to work. I only get to set the initial values by hard coding these in the default value fields or from the initial values given to the data store variables..

The values in the data store will vary depending on what values are returned from a query.

When testing the content of the data store variables in expression box controls I see that the passed values are correct. I also get the values displayed in ordinary input fields, so I don't see why check boxes and radio buttons don't react to the passed values.

This should surely work!

I am using static entry lists.

Tips = points.

Henning Strand

Edited by: Henning Strand on Mar 27, 2008 1:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Setting Dynamic default value is not working for both Check box and Radiogroup .

I am also checked now .

we will wait for our experts if any body may succesful

Regards,

govindu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Passing dynamic values to other control types than expression boxes will not work within same iview.

I got it to work though. The solution is to create a nested iview with an input signal control. Create input signal fields that are assigned the values from your data store variables. Then set the check box and radio button controls in your nested iview to default to the values sent in through the input signal.

Actually nested iviews solve lots of runtime dynamics! Go use them!

Henning Strand

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

has anybody opened an OSS ticket for this malfunction?

If so, please update this thread, I am experiencing the same behaviour for text editors and drop downs.

thanks

Vincenzo