cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload control in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We here are wondering whether an upload control is something that's needed or not. We are considering implementing this for EhP2.

Can you please comment on this? Do you find such control helpful?

Thanks,

Natty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netanel,

I think an upload would be great. In the last year there were several threads here in the forum asking for an upload function.

How do you think to realize it? Where would the data stored? Does it work like the KM iViews and are the data stored in KM?

BTW another must have in the EhP should a export to excel so that I get the file as excel file on my local machine without using the clipboard.

I think Mickey told us during his visit in our office that you have planned such a feature. I have started with ABAP Webdynpro in the end of last year and there you have the ALV (ABAP List Viewer) component,

which has standard features like export to excel (then you get a excel file as download) filter, sort, displaying and hiding columns and so on. Dafna showed me some slides where an ALV is planned for VC 7.1.1 (btw why is this element called ALV?). Do you think that this ALV could be part of an EhP for VC 7.0?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If we can upload 'MS Excel file' directly in the VC it would be of great help. This will be very useful to the end user & he himself can upload the data. This can be extended to many other functions like 'Financial & Resource Planning'.

Also if is it possible to joint this uploaded file with other systems then nothing like it.

Regards

Sandeep

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In which version upload / download documents in-From KM is there? is there any document on the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natty,

A new feature is always welcome for the Customers because some where they want such type of feature.

No body will waste the features

They are hungry for features.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely!!! An upload control linked to a document repository would be a great help. There have been multiple questions asked about this in the forum earlier.

If you do add this functionality I would strongly urge you to add the possibility of VC developers to define the storage repositories ourselves. Preferably using KM repositories. A document uploaded through a VC model should also be editable through portal's standard KM structure.

A KM document should then also be accessable through links in VC models, so users can open what is uploaded.

This could also be used to upload images to image repositories in VC/KM.

Rock on!

Henning Strand