cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Community,

I'm trying to install an SAP NW 2004s SR2 System on a Windows Server 2003 SP2.

During the first steps of the parameters definition for the installation an error occurs:

FSL-00001 System call failed. Error 67 (The network name cannot be found.

) in execution of system call 'WNetGetConnection' with parameter (G:), line (669) in file (synxcfsmnt.cpp).

ERROR 2008-03-27 11:59:36

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: The network name cannot be found.

ERROR 2008-03-27 11:59:36

FCO-00011 The step SdbSoftwareDrives with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_ServerSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SdbSoftwareDrives was executed with status ERROR .

I can only stop the installation.

Does anybody know the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mentioned that you have another SAP system running in the same box.... by anychance did you clean the SAPinst before the new installation?

Usually you need to remove the answer files from the previous installation so you can enter the fresh details of your new setup otherwise it will remember the answers from the previous installation.

As far as i remember theres an executable that cleans sapinst

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find those "answer files" and which folder do I have to clean? I think this step wasn't done...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Files are located at <drive>:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\<product>... etc

Usually when you try resume a installation it will ask you if you want to start a new installation or resume the old one...

As i said before I'm sure theres an executable somewhere that cleans sapinst...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has the same effect if I start a new installation or if I continue the old one...

Do you remember the name of the executable file to clean the folders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick answers.

These are the steps I am doing:

1. start the installation

2. I choose a typical installation

3. On the "Software Units" Mask I just check the AS ABAP Software Unit

When I click on "next" the Message Box prompts the error. I didn't enter anything about a "G:" Network-Drive...

There is another SAP System installed on the (same) Server, and it runs perfectly. During the installation it is stopped. I don't think it can cause the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the drive from where u are executing sapinst.exe is a local or remote drive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure that you have a dump of all the dvds neccessary for the installation,might be some files would be on another disk

of the system which is not up and running.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Installation Folder is a local folder. "G:" is a network drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other SAP System was also installed in this way with this DVDs on this folder 2 months ago...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be some files are located in the G: drive, as per the error which you have posted it is checking for g drive for some files.

If there is any posibility just check that drive(G).

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that you have copied all the installation DVDs to your local disk drive and you are giving the correct drive and path name for the DVDs in the parameter boxes.

Regards,

Sandeep.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like you're trying to install from a network drive (G:) that either not reachable, not mapped or you have no authorization to read "(G:), line (669) in file (synxcfsmnt.cpp)."

Regards

Juan