cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* VSR *

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Can any one send me document or PPT of vendor subrange process (IMG settings and EASY ACCESS settings).

Edited by: MANI ROOPA SD/MM on Mar 27, 2008 12:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The basic concept behind Vendor Sub Range is to use different Purchasing Data as well as Partner Functions for a particular range of products supplied by individual vendor.

Now suppose for example Vendor XYZ sells Plastic, Rubber, Fibre made items and has different terms and conditions (Purchasing Data) as well as Contact Person (Partner Function) for each of them. In this case, what can be done is while creating the vendor XYZ in Purchasing Screen or Partner Determination Screen, a Alternative Data button appears click on that, enter the Vendor Subrange along with the description, tick the checkboxs for Purchasing Data and Partner Function if you want to maintain them & enter the data. Other option which is available is if you want the vendor subrange to be restricted for particular plant then please enter the plant for which it is required in the definition screen (Vendor Subrange) otherwise SAP assumes that it is valid for the plants.

For vendor subranges to be operational kindly confirm whether the same is allowed for a particular Vendor Account Group in the configuration.

Once you have defined the Vendor Subrange (for e.g. V1,V2,V3) for a particular vendor suppose XYZ. You can enter the same in Purhase Orgainsation 1 screen of Info Record for a particular material. Now suppose vendor XYZ offers a discount for items relating to V1 then what you do is maitain discounts for a particular vendor based on the subrange from the main menu. So that when you make PO for that particular material-vendor-vendor subrange combination a discount condition (Vendor Subrange) is automatically picked up during price determination.

Hope this will be useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.any other information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

In order to use the Sub range function,please activate the VSR in below config : OMSG --> Tick the Vendor sub range relevant, then while creating or change a vendor, in the Purchasing data tab, the Sub range tab will be active and you can maintain the VSR data under that tab.

You can read the SAP help in below link under:Master Records from the Purchasing ViewVendor Master DataVendor Sub-Range in Purchasing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/75/ee1fa755c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

w1n

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

1) Maintained configuration settings for VSR.

2) Created vendor master record 601025 with VSR (paints and brushes with different ordering address)

But my doubt is when Maintaining purchase info record with different material i found there is only one field vendor subrange but i have two VSR .so while creating PO system takes only one VSR which i maintained in info record. here in po i can change VSR manually but i want sys to pick VSR automatically how is it possible?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only SPRO activities is to active Vendor Sub-range

SPRO->Logistic General->Business Partner->Vendors->Control->Define Account Group & Field Selection

In this screen Select your Vendor account group and double click, sys will take to new screen and here you select check box of Vendor sub-range relevant in data retention level-poaching tab and save.

Now create following master data:

[Let’s say you’re purchasing two pumps from your Vendor (V), HDPE and SS manufactured by different company (HDPE and SS ) & they have different purchasing data like payment terms, delivery term etc…]

1. Create two materials HDPE and SS

2. Create Vendor (V)

3. Create Info record (ME11) M1 & M2 with vendor (V) and here in each material maintain vendor sub range

4. Now create PO (ME21), all related data you will get in PO w.r.t. material and save.

Regards,

Biju K