cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring point update by production order confirmation

pankajverma
Participant

Hi friends,

I created a prt as equipment and assigned it to the routing. I created a production order and when i confirm the same i am getting following error as:

"

Document MeasUnit has a different dimension to the characteristic unit

Message no. IR071

Diagnosis

The measurement unit on creation of the measurement document must have the same dimension as the measurement unit of the characteristic of the measuring point.

In this case, the measurement unit % does not suit the character unit EA of the measuring point 103.

System Response

Processing will not be continued.

Procedure

Use the possible entries help.

"

Please suggest the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

This seams very clear that your production order confirmation unit and the maintenance plan cycle unit is different

example if you are producing about 200 kg of powder every day and you plan your equipment maintenance for ever 2000 kg then you have to create a maintenance plan and measuring point with the unit as KG only ,then only the transfer of measurement document will occure

kindly refer the following link and select the Performance-based Completion Confirmations from Production

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/fe/67f9609d6f11d189b60000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagarajan,

I defined the same unit of measurement for the counter as well as for plan, which is defined already for the material for which i am doing confirmation. but i am still getting the error.

could it be due to some dimension related problem, my mean is, it may not be working with any particular unit type like EA.

please suggest.

Regards

Pankaj

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagarajan,

I defined the same unit of measurement for the counter as well as for plan, which is defined already for the material for which i am doing confirmation. but i am still getting the error.

could it be due to some dimension related problem, my mean is, it may not be working with any particular unit type like EA.

please suggest.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

May be iam not sure how you have defined the Measurement unit ,with this input it is difficult to analyse the problem ,kindly post the steps you have followed (like the confirm of order as KG or EA ,characteristic unit and etc) and also kindly compare the IDES model company which the link i have already specified

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan

I tried the same with unit KG, the system is updating the counter, but manually.

i need to define the counter usage value in routing in prt general data field.

and it always takes on the same value.

please tell me some settings if required, so that it should take the value of production order confirmation.

please suggest the solution.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pankaj

Can you explain the counter update ,you said counter is updating but manually means???.

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Manually means:

If i didn't define the usage value in

" Display Routing: PRT- General Data", then system does not update the counter.

and if put some value over there, then counter is updated by exactly the same value, instead of the production order confirmation value.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

have you maintained the Formula key *SAPF02 *which is next to the usage value ,usage value is basically refers to the base quantity in the operation.

Base Quantity

Quantity of the material to be produced to which the standard values of the operation refer.

kindly check it

regards

thyagarajan

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tyagarajan,

Its working now, I forgot to enter the formula key.

Thanks

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir(s)

i have gone through entire post for the subject related to measuring point auto update from production order confirmation.  I have tried the same but i dont know what i am missing.

if i put some value like 1 or 2 and appropriate UOM then only my measuring document is being updated with the same value not with the actual confirmed quantity..  i have already maintained standard formulla in prt view.

my basic requirement is to get actual value of produced quanity as counter update. means if 20 pieces have been produced and confirmed in co11n, then counter must bhe updated with the value of confirmed quantity.

please advice what value should i put as usage in routing master to get actuall counter update.

Will Highly appreciate your quick reply.

Snapshots

Regards.

Mohammad.

Answers (0)