cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport from ECC 5.0 to 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to transport objects (like a screen object or a report) from ECC 5.0 to R/3 4.6C?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ezhil,

We do this all the time. So, yes it is possible.

I'd recommend reading SAP Notes 330267 (Transports between Basis Releases 4.6* and 6.*) and 327565 (Transporting CUA interfaces to lower release). I would also recommend upgrading tp and R3trans to the latest patch levels (this is critical).

You will see quite a few errors and warnings on import (some of which can be ignored).

The way we do this is we release transports from a ECC 6.0 system and import them into a 4.6C system. Then, we transfer the CUA interfaces over an RFC link using the program 'saprseu5_46c.'

But read the notes thoroughly since your situation is probably different than ours (we are going from a unicode ECC 6.0 box to a non-unicode 4.6C system).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

I still think its dangerous to do so, your requirement might be unique.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our experience has been the opposite of what you consider 'dangerous.' We have been doing it every week for weeks and have yet to encounter an issue that is not addressed in the SAP Notes that I have mentioned.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ezhil,

Technically it is possible, however the import most probably run in errors. Also it is strongly NOT recommended.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally backward compatibility is not advised. For reports and screen, you can give a try, ensure you have a backup of the object which will be touched. You can generate a 'tp' for the object in 4.6C.

Shaji