cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postion and cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have this error with two Action types in PA40. LTD and Termination.When i run the action for Termination then the the position is the deafult one which is 99999999 and the cost center is getting deleted.

Now when i go for Long term Disability Plan that is LTD then the position 99999999 is kept and the cost center is getting removed which is not allowing me to run payroll.

I saw the steps in the action types where for Set up Personnel Action and 2nd option which is personnel action types.

Termination : Emp = 0 and Specific payment = 0

LTD : Emp = 1 and Specifif Payment = 0 which i made to 1.

I now want that in LTD action the Position should be the deafult one and it should pick the cost center.

ASAP help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As per my knowledge we define cost centre at the org unit level in the OM & position inherits the same.

There is no feature to default the cost centre.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh i have just one concern that we can define a cost cenetr to the Org unit which in turn is inherited by the position.

So as of my understanding the default position is just a dummy value with the integration between PlOGI and PRELI.Since this position is not threre in my org structure it will not pick the cost center.

I was checking in the Database and have one PerNo who was terminated but still has the Cost center along with the Org key and Org unit.

I am confused with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry the Job key and orgunit are 00000000.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you working in Dev client or pdn client. if it is in dev , some people would have tested without integ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swati,

Its not possible to assign the cost center to the left employee, but u can assign for the position, since tht position may occupy multiple employees.

And in ur case if the Job key and org unit 00000000 says in IT0001, when u check tht job key in OM may some other person or position occupies. You know well to check those assignment in OM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its in the test client.

I think it use to happen previously without errors but a ticket has been raised now so must be a change somewhere i have to find.

Thanks for the response

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swati,

After making default u cannot use the cost center thro' position / IT0001, rather use the cost center in IT0027 and run the PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Santosh any other way apart from this IT0027 . I mean any other feature or menthod to link that action with a cost center.

Can i write a dynamic action for it.

Thanks

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swati,

You can write Dynamic action during the personnel event or include the IT0027 in the Infogroup for that particular event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks santosh ,

may be i will suggest the same. So as far as my understanding the default position 99999999 we dont mantain any cost cenetr so it will not pick it right.

What is the feature that we use to default the cost center with position.

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

For defalut position sap cannot maintain the cost center in IT0001.

To default for postion we PLOGI ORGA integration. Since through Account Assignment -

> Master Cost Center we will default the cost center for the position in OM. U can see in the GOTO menu in PPOME......