cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP adapter : to check entire file transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running a lot of scenarios with FTP adapter and it has always been in the back of my mind on what happens when a huge file comes in for FTP transfer ...

Does the XI process start only after reading the entire file from Sender system?

What happens if there is a transmission error ..Does half the file go-in and the remaining half goes in when the communicaiton comes alive? Or the entire file transfer is suspended?

Is it possible to check the count of records going in and out of an outbound FTP adapter to make sure all records were FTP'ed?

Any advise ...

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

<<<<Does the XI process start only after reading the entire file from Sender system?<<<<

You can specify in FTP Adapter Msecs to wait before Modification check by checking Advanced mode.adapter will wait before it checks whether the files have been changed

Thanks.

Rekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teresa,

You may also see if you can use the Secure FTP protocol. That should ensure the Control and/or Data Connection security. More help is at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..But this Secure FTP, is it a feature available in SP11 or is it from the later releases??

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You are correct. Probably from SP12, I think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sFTP is available from SP13 onwards...

Check this link for more information..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/6c9442c22d1131e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks y'all for the response...

Is there a comparison of the FTP adapter to the standard FTP softwares in the market? Like certain FTP adapters do not transfer the entire file till all records are successfully passed through...

Being in SP11, does XI have capability to not trigger sender FTP adapter if NOT all the records in the file are passed sucessfully??

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been following Teresa's chain and I have a similar requirement.

In the receiver FTP adapter, the adapter needs to transfer or FTP only when the incoming payload is equal to the outgoing payload through the adapter.How does the XI FTP adapter work? Does it trigger only when all the incoming payload is received and ready for transfer ? Has there been any loss of records detected during FTP processes?

I need to track this as we are using XI to FTP a few very important data and cannot afford loss of records during transmission. Do I need to create a module processor to handle it or the FTP adapter has any standard features? We are also using SP11.

-Kevin