Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add volumes (Data Area Full)

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The data area in our MAXDB is 100 % full and the database does not come up in Online mode. It gives the following error - "-24798 data area is full [db_online -f]".

As it does not come up in online mode, I am unable to add data volumes using the GUI.

Can you please let me know the steps to add disk files ? I believe I need to use command line interface and a few commands to achieve this. It would be great if you could let me know these commands to add new space in admin mode.

This is MAXDB 7.6 on Windows.

Thanks and Regards,

Parag.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the MaxDb documentation

[DBMCLI ADD Volume|http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_6/04/9a3842b23d690de10000000a155106/frameset.htm] to add a new volume to your database.

Regards, Christiane

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I was able to use the command line interface and could add the volume using this command. The database came up online after adding new volume.

FYI - I think this should have worked from SAP MMC as well, I checked and it was possible to add volume in admin mode from the DB GUI interface via MMC.

Regards,

Parag.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Parag,

if the database ran full during startup, it was not possible to add a data volume in MaxDB releases from 7.6.03.03 up to 7.6.04.04 - neither with the gui nor the command line.

To fix the situation, you can start the database into admin mode and add a data volume prior going online.

regards,

Henrik