cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not login sap from GUI, the disk is very busy(100%), how can i do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

several times, our user can not login sap by GUI, then I login the AIX os, I can see the disks are very busy(100%) and there is large I/O in the disks, in this situation ,I can not login the sap from GUI, I can only wait. Is there any solution for this

situation, how can I do from the AIX os, how to see which programme or task consume most of the system resource from AIX. always I can do nothing facing this situation.

everytime , after 30 minutes, the disks are not busy, and then ,we can login sap from GUI, I do not know how to investigate which task and which person causes the problem.

who can help me? thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to finetune your OS Kernel Parameters (HP Unix cmd - (kmtune) / DB profile, if possible decrease/increase the shared Memory / SAP Parmaters (Profiles ).

At OS level check which PID is taking up more memory(HP Unix command - TOP or Glance)

Observe keenly and do the adjustments where necessary

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

but many different processs or tasks in sap use the same Process in AIX :disp+work , i can not find which task consume the system resource

the use ratio of memory is over 85% all the time ,

the use ratio of pagingspace is over 20% all the time

i do not know how can i tune my os parameters?

Edited by: day day on Mar 27, 2008 9:19 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can run dpmon on OS level (using adm) to check which SAP process is using many resources. You can run "topas" on OS level (as user root) to check the processes.

Apart from that I suggest you contact an IBM consultant to help you tune you operating system. There´s too less information known (file system distribution of data/log/archive, configuration of the harddisks/SAN backend etc. etc.) to give a suggestion here.

Markus