cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is Message validation done for BPM?

What happens if a BPM needs to be modified after being in production? What happens to long-running instances of that model that have not yet completed? Are they allowed to gracefully complete on the old model while new instances run on the new model?

what is the best practice to accomplish this?

thanks

tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

From memory, if old instances of your BMP are still active/running while you active a new instance, the currently running BPM's will continue with the old version of the BPM.

All new messages will then use the new version of the BPM.

Unfortunately I do not have the link in the doco that stipulates this, but its how BPMs behaves

Hope this clears it for you

Cheers

Yackeen

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah you are right ...

All the bpm's are versioned and previous versions remain within the XI system so your allready running processes will keep on running fine ...

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes the active version in SAP is not the same as the active version in BPM. This is a known bug addressed in note 901366.

After implementing this note I still had some issues. I would resolve it by going in to PFTC and activating a new version.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the co-relation remains same as the old one and there is an active instance in the memory all the message go to that ccBPM by default.

If you want the new BPM to be effective and then you can delete the old ccBPM using SWWL or can schedule the report for deleting the long running instance.

I have a general doubt.Why do you need to have long running ccBPM?It is not good idea to have BPM active in the memory for so long as it consumes lot of resources.