cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a user, drag and drop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created new nodes in PPOMA_BBP and will drag and drop users from other nodes to the new node.

will the users take on the attributes of the new node or hold what they had? i.e. are the attributes (co code, plant) determined by the user or the node? or will I have to change the attributes manually after I have moved the user?

Thanks

B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BP,

Yes. If you drag and drop users from one org unit to other, the users would inherit the attributes of the new org unit. However, sometimes problems have been observed in the working of such users during procurement cycle run. Hence, it is advisable to delete user assignment from the old org unit and reassign the user to the new org unit instead of drag and drop

Regards,

Sree

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So if I drag and drop I will experience inconsistancy - what are these, how do I pick them up and how do I remidy them.

If I go the other route using USERS_GEN then the users will no longer be able to acess their old shopping carts, They will effectively be a new user. So this won't work or is there a way around this?

Cheers

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see the inconsistencies if you run the transaction BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE.

You can also repair some inconsistencies if they are shown against an yellow triangle from the same report screen itself.

However if the inconsistencies appear in red. You have to repair them manually by deleting and recreating the partner in USERS_GEN transaction.

Clarifications are welcome.

Reward points for useful answers.

Regards

Vinay Sridhar

Edited by: Sridhar Vinay on Mar 31, 2008 8:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Vinay's remarks and my previous reply let me make you clear on few things :

1. Using BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE txn. by inputting the business partner number you can check for the inconsistencies for object existence, object links, address consistency, attribute supply etc. All the options there should show Green traffic light.You can try repairing the inconsistencies by clicking on the Start repair icon.

2. In case the inconsistencies are irrepairable use USERS_GEN txn to delete employee assignment and reassigning the user to Org.unit.

3. As your requirement is to deassign users from one org. unit to other org. unit (for example from one P.Org to another P.Org / one P.Group from another P.Group) even though you drag and drop user can not create new follow on documents from the previous shopping carts as the user no longer belongs to the old Org. unit.

So its not because of USERS_GEN txn. user will not able to assign the SCs but because of change in Org.Unit assignment which further changes the user attributes.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in resolving your issue. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

DirkO
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If you delet the assignment of an user (and use the users_gen) you delete the business partner. So a user will not be possible to use old shopping carts. I do not have an alternative to do so, but I had to learn this in painfull way.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Sree's suggestions please look at the following points :

As suggested by Sree there will be issues with user consistency when you drag and drop users from one node to another node in the Org. structure.

So its advisable to use USERS_GEN transaction to effect such changes.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in understanding the issue better. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja