Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations in Production System

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The production system is up and running.

Now the functional consultants are asking access to Production to check the config.

But they are demanding SAP_ALL with only display access

Is there an easy way to do this?

If not, kindly help me as to how I should ask my Functional consultants to proceed.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following threads !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gautam,

Best way which i did is started giving 03,04 & 08 activities in ZSAP_ALL for all modules,other than BC_A,BC_C & BC_Z classes basis related objects(On requirement u can enable them).But it may take couple of days and its worth as well. I can explain the reasons also, for ex.if ur higher officials wants u provide display access in FI module only for a consultant,then u can disable all other modules by leaving FI only(in new role).This works very well for me.

U can find some more information from the below link and in search forum:

[]

Rgds,

Gadde.

0 Kudos

simple answer; thy do not need this. as the production maschine is probably a copy of the qas they can check there. This is a normal problem which should NOT be rewarded.

Functional consultants need (and should not get) no more access than display in thier own area!

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

U r right..but we can't make regularly a copy of PROD in QAS(we do Quarterly refresh).In some scenario functional consultants may need access(atleast to analize) depend on the situation which we never know.

Rgds,

Gadde.

0 Kudos

there is a simple solution to this problem: the firefighter or emergency UID.

Those UID's come with a strict procedure.

So there is absolutely no reason for giving consultants wide access in PROD.

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone